Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Default nl100 6max KK hand

Easy, main villain in this hand has been playing some trash hands being aggressive but I have not seen him show down anything completely out of line post flop, he has however shown a willingness to slow play. He has twice led into to me on the flop after I had raised pre flop both times I raised and he folded. Does that mean in this hand he's more likely to have a solid hand or less likely?

Villain has $84 I cover. His stats are 44/16/11 after 74 hands.

I am on the button with black KK. Villain limps UTG, MP calls, 2 folds, I raise to $5, SB (solid player) calls, BB folds, Villain calls, MP limper folds.

Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, Villain bets $16, Hero?

What range are we putting the villain on. Bare A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] + pair, Pair + 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or any heart, set, two pair, one pair no hearts, complete air?

What I'm getting at is, is his range large enough that folding without making a play at it is just too weak? Clearly against a tight player it's a boringly easy fold but with his stats?

If I had K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] would it be an easy push?

Ta for thoughts Mussy
Old 10-29-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: nl100 6max KK hand

I agree that if you had the Kh it would be an easy push. However in this hand, the board is just tooooo coordinated for your hand to be worth much. The SB playing is a concern too. I don't think there would be anything wrong with folding this, since you are unlikely to be a significant favorite. If I did play, I would definitely just call, and hope the SB folded.

It really depends on how aggressive this guy is. If he will almost always will bet the turn, then it's an easy fold. Many players, though, will be happy to check down their weak hands on the last streets. Ideally the flop goes bet-call-SB folds. Turn blank check-check. River blank and you value bet.