Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2003, 12:07 PM

Default Spurs tonight

Anyone else like the Spurs +2? I'm not sure why they're getting points - I look for them to win it straight up.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:24 PM

Default agree NM

Old 06-11-2003, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Spurs tonight

Its last hope for the Nets, I think their best effort comes out tonight. However, the Spurs if they play well will still win. I give a slight edge to the Spurs, but my main play is the over. If not for a record setting low score in the 1st half game 3 likely would have gone over. I am looking for some break out tonight, maybe the highest scoring game of the series so far with both teams well rested.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Spurs tonight

[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] wow, wb, ya just keep on saying how tuff the d's are especially the spurs, but then ya want the over...i say under, under, under...they gotta go over sometime, but hey, i'm way aahead on these totals...jmho...gl [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Spurs Totals

<font color="blue"> my main play is the over. If not for a record setting low score in the 1st half game 3 likely would have gone over - wb </font color>

First three games:
1st half; 84, 76, 63
2nd half; 106, 96, 100

If you like a game over, wait for halftime and bet 2nd half over.

I have Under 46, Q1
1st 3 games; 39, 37, 36

I have Under 90, 1st half
1st 3 games; 84, 76, 63

I have Over 46.5, Q4
1st 3 games; 57, 50, 52

Nets picked up Mutombo to battle the West big guys in the Finals.

Game 1 Mutombo plays only 6 minutes. Nets lose by 12

Game 2 M plays 20, Nets Win by 2
Game 3 M plays 18, Nets Lose by 2

Question: Can Byron Scott spell "cat" if you spot him the "c" and "a"?

Answer: Probably not.

If Mutombo plays big minutes, look for a solid Under in the 1st half.

Raken
Old 06-11-2003, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Spurs Totals

Q1 and 1st half Under both winners.

Buying back Q4 Over with 2nd half Under 93.5

Raken
Old 06-11-2003, 11:36 PM

Default Spurs win!!!

well cover as good as a win, and now more chances to bet
them!.

D.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Spurs win!!!

I guess that is a good point, Tim D was looking out for us bettors sinking that shot. How come he missed so many during the game is what I want to know. I just gotta know how you get a few days off and then shoot under 30%. That is amazing. But it speaks volumes about the teams, the Spurs were just plain horrible and lost by 3 on the road. The Nets don't get any uncontested shots from 10 feet in when Duncan is in there. Spurs were so close to being able to sweep the Nets, but somehow this is 2-2. I can't even put a finger on it, but Mutombo definitely should get more minutes guarding Duncan and Pops needs to be a little more greedy, I think, in giving the minutes to whichever of his guards has got the hot hand. To play so and so because they always play in that situation seems to be killing them, leaving Parker in down the stretch was a huge mistake when he gave them no contribution on either side of the ball.

I still like the over, I think the Spurs biggest mistake is being so paranoid about the Jersey fast break that they are far too slow getting into the offense. Too many guys are stuck with 5 seconds on the shot clock and still not really into the play. I think that will be an adjustment, not necessarily running with the Nets, but certainly not wasting 15 seconds before even looking to get a shot.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Spurs win!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] wb, but game after game, it seems both sides are heaving up desparation shots at the 24 sec buzzer...i agree teams make adjustments, but ya also gotta dance with the girl ya brung to the party...these are such monumental unders that i do not know if adjustments can be made , and maybe both teams are happy with current pace/results...gl [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 09:51 AM

Default hot hand

"Pops needs to be a little more greedy, I think, in giving the minutes to whichever of his guards has got the hot hand."

I read a statistics article years ago that claimed to discredit the idea of a hot hand. It was based on looking for any correlation of the second free throw to the first and found the results consistant with random streaks.

D.