Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Paradise bonus

This is a good bonus for some of you newer guys. The tables are Paradise are pretty easy, and they low limits.

check it out:

Don't miss your chance to cash in on this 3 day, 25% deposit bonus. From Saturday, October 29th at 12:01am EDT to Monday, October 31st at 11:59pm PST, you'll receive a 25% bonus (maximum bonus is $100) on any purchase made here at Paradise Poker.

When you make your deposit, be sure to enter TREAT in the bonus code field to get your 25% bonus. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Paradise bonus

Just fyi, it's capped at $100, stackable, it's on cumulative deposits not first deposit, and I believe you can withdraw after depositing (which would seem to indicate that you could run $100 in and out four times to get the whole bonus).

On the downside, it's 10x, so for the full $100 you need to play 1,000 raked hands. On the upside, again, Paradise allows you to clear it playing SNGs.

Back to the downside, Paradise software (or servers or players, I've never definitively identified the problem) sucks monkey balls. You get about 1/2 to 2/3 of the hands/hr of the other sites. It's like invisible fingernails being drawn across a chalkboard made of magic.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's like invisible fingernails being drawn across a chalkboard made of magic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just like this.

That is all.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:19 AM

I have the same problems with Paradise. It runs like crap for me on my new computer. Funny thing is on my old computer, last year, it ran pretty well. I guess their software got worse since last year.

I thought it was just me, so others have the same problems?

edit: how do the cryptos run for everybody? They run worse than Paradise for me. I mean I can't even play at the cryptos they are so bad. At least Paradise is playable.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:24 AM

I have an old PC too. The Cryptos run a bit slow (I two-table), Paradise runs a bit better for me.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Paradise gave me $20 today for a deposit of %50. So if your account has not been active in a while you might want to check your email. I am not sure when they sent mine but I deposited it and about three min later they notified me that the bonus was given.

Inter Poker gives me $20 a month for not playing thier site for a month and then playing one raked hand.

Is competition great or what?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:34 PM

I personally never understood the Paradise bashing. It's not quite as fast as Party, but it's not unbearable, the players are just as bad, and rake is lower.
Thanks Car.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was just me, so others have the same problems?

edit: how do the cryptos run for everybody? They run worse than Paradise for me. I mean I can't even play at the cryptos they are so bad. At least Paradise is playable.

[/ QUOTE ]
My computer is the true test of well-written software: a Mac running Virtual PC with Win XP Pro (VPC is a processor hog, even on my dual G5, and in turn XP Pro hogs the virtual processor).

Paradise runs very poorly (and that's not counting the "disappearing tables" issue in the lobby, which is them, not me), as does Absolute (which probably has a resource-leak issue, because it slows down over time) but I can still run them. Cryptos are unplayable.

Stars and UB fly, even with PAHUD/PT running. Full Tilt seems fine, but I haven't actually played there yet. Party/x-skins are reasonably OK, but adding PAHUD causes mini-freezes when multitabling.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally never understood the Paradise bashing.

[/ QUOTE ]
OTOH, I fully understand it. They've got poor software (search for "disappearing tables" in the internet forum), really bad support, and Neteller cashouts that would be faster if they put the money on a boat and shipped it to me (they say "under 24 hours" on their cashout screen, but after 48 hours of waiting, support told me that was wrong and "needs to be changed").

The only reason to play there is the extremely soft tables. I'll play there when there's extra incentive (like this bonus) but not otherwise.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:33 PM

Just the facts man...

All for the $1/$2 Limit Full Ring...

Paradise:
3,024 total hands
3,231 table minutes played
2,509 raked hands

Or 56 hands per table per hour with 46 of them raked hands.

Party:
14,117 total hands
12,742 table minutes
10,329 raked hands

Or 66 hands per table per hour with 48 of them raked hands...

Poker Stars:
1,609 Total Hands
1,401 Table Minutes
1,065 Raked Hands

Or 69 hands per table per hour with 46 of them raked...

Obviously I haven't been at $1/$2 for very long but I think the numbers would hold up over larger sample sizes. Not a huge difference in terms of clearing a bonus per table, of course Paradise only lets you play 3 tables at a time while you can play up to 10 on Party and 8 on Poker Stars I believe.