Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:19 PM

Default BC at VA Tech(-13.5)

Thurs. night game
BC at Va Tech -13.5
Heres my question maybe somebody can answer this. The BCS standings with computer do they use margin of victory again? I heard it matters again by how much you win again some were?
So with VA-Tech playing Miami next week do they look past this game & win but not by a huge margin or do they blow BC like they did to ever other home game this year?
Gene
Old 10-26-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: BC at VA Tech(-13.5)

[ QUOTE ]
Thurs. night game
BC at Va Tech -13.5
Heres my question maybe somebody can answer this. The BCS standings with computer do they use margin of victory again? I heard it matters again by how much you win again some were?

[/ QUOTE ]

Were did you hear that?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: BC at VA Tech(-13.5)

[ QUOTE ]
Thurs. night game
BC at Va Tech -13.5
So with VA-Tech playing Miami next week do they look past this game & win but not by a huge margin or do they blow BC like they did to ever other home game this year?
Gene

[/ QUOTE ]

Margin of victory isn't factored into the equation directly. But I do remmeber a conversation some analyst had last year after they removed the formula and they were saying margin of victory still factors into the human voters, since a 28 point win is always more impressive than a 6 point win. The computer polls don't factor margin of victory into their forumulas.