Old 06-09-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Ducks in 7?

tempted to take them at +160

any thoughts?

Old 06-09-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Hockey - Jun 9 - Picks

Jun 9 - Picks

Take Devils -175

Superior team on home ice in game 7 of the finals.

Historical record in this situation: Home team 9-2. I'm going with the percentage play.

Post Season: 8-7-1 Units - 2.35
Reg. Season: 33-17-5 Units + 7.80

Raken
Old 06-09-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Hockey - Jun 9 - Picks..cmon wb total??

[img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] tempted to take under 4..lol..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 01:56 AM

Default Wait til next year

Well hope you did. Sorry didn't have the time to check in today. I expected another toss up game with a 1-0 or 2-1 final at most. Lucky that Babcock just gave up after the last goal, a lot of coaches there would have taken their goalie out and given a golden chance to sink the total. In the end I think the late penalty might have saved all of us that had a ticket on the under.

And what about those typical New Jersey/New York fans being ridiculous and booing one of the best performances by a player seen in ages in the playoffs. Last time I can remember a goalie being that incredible was Patrick Roy with the Canadiens back when he faced 50 shots a game against Boston and was finding a way to get his team wins, but in the end they didn't get as far as this Ducks team did. Sweeping the 2nd rated champs and then beating the number one team on their way to the finals with a 12-2 record is something that probably won't be seen for decades. Giguere deserved better than getting booed off the ice, what a bunch of sorry ass winners the Devils fans are. Then I thought these weren't the worst fans, if it was Philly they would have been throwing beer at him and the Commisioner for daring to give their award to someone else. Like anyone remembers who won the Conn Smythe trophy by the time they drop the puck in October.

If you made some money on the NHL take a small piece of it and put it on the Oilers to win next year. I think they are really close to a breakout season. With Colorado losing some stars and likely not paying the bucks to replace them, they have a chance to actually play someone other than Dallas in the first round. I love their mix of speed and the occasional bruiser and they probably have the best pure home ice advantage. If they get an easier route in the playoffs and add maybe one more big guy up front this team could be the surprise of next year.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Hockey - Jun 9 - Results

Jun 9 - Results

Take Devils -175

Devils 3-0, Winner

That's why it's called a percentage play, it works a high percentage of the time. Home team is now 10-2 in game 7 of the Cup Finals. No handicapping needed. Just take the situation and play the percentage. A nice easy way to end the season.

Post Season: 9-7-1 Units - 1.35
Reg. Season: 33-17-5 Units + 7.80

<font color="green"> HOCKEY 2002-03: 42-24-6 Units + 6.45 </font color>

Well, that was nice. From a standing start, with no data base, and having bet only a few games many years ago, Raken pulled down 6 units. Hmmm, it's appears that Raken will be allocating some time to this genre of sports betting next season.

Raken