Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Been a while

Been overwhelmed since the Party split, and haven't played much /any.

10/20 online

Assume unknown players, but passive table in general.

6 handed

CO open limps, I raise with AJo, SB calls, BB folds, CO 3-bets, i call, SB calls.

3 for 5

2 J 3 r

check, CO bet, I raise, fold, call

2 for 7

turn is K

CO check. I ?

yeah, i know. simple. humor me.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Been a while

Easy bet. I'm not sure what the question is???

Edit: I didn't see the limp-reraise preflop. This makes checking a decent plan. You will often induce a bluff on the river if he was limp-reraising with garbage and save yourself the agony of folding or calling down if he checkraises KK/AA.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. Pretty far from simple me thinks. Not having a read is very troublesome here. The fact that this guy is limp reraising already spells tricky to me. I know I often take the conservative route (and get flamed for it) but i think you need to check. if he has the big hand he represented preflop (which i doubt) he is coming with the checkraise. He may have just outdrawn you on the turn as well. You will have to call the CR and could be dominated. I think getting to showdown cheap is best as free cards should not be much of a problem.

Bet the river if it blanks and he checks agian unless it is NLSoldier going for his whatever ya call double check and raise the river crap.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:48 AM

See, even as I type my response the consensus goes the other way. Looks like time for a break.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. Pretty far from simple me thinks. Not having a read is very troublesome here. The fact that this guy is limp reraising already spells tricky to me. I know I often take the conservative route (and get flamed for it) but i think you need to check. if he has the big hand he represented preflop (which i doubt) he is coming with the checkraise. He may have just outdrawn you on the turn as well. You will have to call the CR and could be dominated. I think getting to showdown cheap is best as free cards should not be much of a problem.

Bet the river if it blanks and he checks agian unless it is NLSoldier going for his whatever ya call double check and raise the river crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

these thoughts went thru my head during hand, which is why i posted.

after reading the hand while i typed it, betting seems obvious to me and i wasnt even gonna post. but i dont participate enough, so i went ahead and posted.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

these thoughts went thru my head during hand, which is why i posted.

after reading the hand while i typed it, betting seems obvious to me and i wasnt even gonna post. but i dont participate enough, so i went ahead and posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is full of bet, bet, bet advice. Hard to see straight sometimes when in the middle of a downswing and you have been checkraised like every time here for a month by a guy showing down the winner. Maybe some more people find a check here so I will not be the only weak tight pussy on the forum.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:57 AM

This seems like an easy check to me. We're better off raising the river if we want two bets instead of one here.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:59 AM

Maybe consider a flop call.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:00 AM

i agree with surfdoc.
and also, by checking you will most likely get to see his hand. that must be worth something.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe some more people find a check here so I will not be the only weak tight pussy on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me into the weak-tight group. You could easily be beat here by the preflop-check/reraiser (AA,KK,QQ,AK all seem very possible without a read). And I would hate to fold to a checkraise on this turn. Also HU giving a free card is not THAT bad - additionally if you are already beat you are the one getting that free card.
I check.