Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Almost threw a man out tonight - for flatulence

I'm not big on toilet humor, but I haven’t posted any stories lately, so here's a little story from tonight...

So, another floor guy greets a player who enters the poker room. I'll call the player Rudy. He's a foul and despicable person who routinely pisses everyone off, dealers and players alike, and he often smells badly of BO.

Anyway, Rudy waddles in and Keith (other floor guy) is talking to him. Suddenly, Keith abruptly walks away from Rudy and he’s shaking his head. He had this confused look on his face. I ask him what that was all about. Keith said that he thinks Rudy crapped his pants, literally, right in front of him. He said Rudy actually paused mid-sentence, made a grimace, let one fly with no inhibitions at all, then continued to bitch about something (the Omaha waiting list I think). Keith said the stench was so overpowering that he had to simply walk away.

Well, Rudy gets into a 9 handed HE game that has had the same players on it for quite a while, making it a full table. Within 10 minutes, it's down to 6 players. Four players had left. You could smell this guy’s asss from half way across the room. All dealers/board/floor in the area were like “What the hell is that?” If you have ever smelled someone with lactose intolerance after they ate a dairy product, you get the idea of the caliber and power of the stench.

Keith and I were debating about who was going to approach this walking stink bomb to ask him to leave when he left on his own, thankfully. The dealer said she could barely take it when Rudy was there and other players commented on the foul odor. We actually pulled his chair aside and replaced it when he left so any leftover emissions trapped in the cushion would not be released by the next player sitting down.

Incredible.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Almost threw a man out tonight - for flatulence

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not big on toilet humor, but I haven’t posted any stories lately, so here's a little story from tonight...

So, another floor guy greets a player who enters the poker room. I'll call the player Rudy. He's a foul and despicable person who routinely pisses everyone off, dealers and players alike, and he often smells badly of BO.

Anyway, Rudy waddles in and Keith (other floor guy) is talking to him. Suddenly, Keith abruptly walks away from Rudy and he’s shaking his head. He had this confused look on his face. I ask him what that was all about. Keith said that he thinks Rudy crapped his pants, literally, right in front of him. He said Rudy actually paused mid-sentence, made a grimace, let one fly with no inhibitions at all, then continued to bitch about something (the Omaha waiting list I think). Keith said the stench was so overpowering that he had to simply walk away.

Well, Rudy gets into a 9 handed HE game that has had the same players on it for quite a while, making it a full table. Within 10 minutes, it's down to 6 players. Four players had left. You could smell this guy’s asss from half way across the room. All dealers/board/floor in the area were like “What the hell is that?” If you have ever smelled someone with lactose intolerance after they ate a dairy product, you get the idea of the caliber and power of the stench.

Keith and I were debating about who was going to approach this walking stink bomb to ask him to leave when he left on his own, thankfully. The dealer said she could barely take it when Rudy was there and other players commented on the foul odor. We actually pulled his chair aside and replaced it when he left so any leftover emissions trapped in the cushion would not be released by the next player sitting down.

Incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:59 AM

Old 10-26-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. donk in seat 7 chased a gutshot.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:56 AM

LOL That's a play money table. Of course they're going to chase.

How do I know? Look at the upper left corner of the screen announcing 20% first time deposit bonus.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL That's a play money table. Of course they're going to chase.

How do I know? Look at the upper left corner of the screen announcing 20% first time deposit bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

dang. very good eyesight.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:47 AM

And people wonder why I typically prefer online-play to live.

I really don't even think that's funny at all.
Just pathetic and disgusting.

Your room should have tossed him out before he left on his own.

Why would the room just let him stay there when he was obviously causing a problem?
Are poker-rooms generally just THAT bashful about tossing a guy when it's obvious they should? The room isn't making THAT much money off of his play...and certainly not to the extent that it is +EV to keep him in the game.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:33 AM

While I agree with you Microbob, I do not envy the person who has to walk up to a stranger and say "hey buddy, I think you crapped your pants, maybe you should go do something about that."
Old 10-26-2005, 08:14 AM

what i'd really hate is to be this guy's underwear
Old 10-26-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We actually pulled his chair aside and replaced it when he left so any leftover emissions trapped in the cushion would not be released by the next player sitting down.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this is the best part of the story.