Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 01:37 AM

Default 77 in BB, I raised the turn with no set, good use of iso?, value bet?

My aggression is a little low, so I am trying to find the 'proper' places to apply it. Hows this look.

Sat down one orbit ago, so no real reads other than the table is 40%+ VPIP and no aggression to speak of.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks.

This many in, and in EP, I could be ahead, but for one bet I will get a lot of callers. And whatever edge I have could be gone with the turn card. I would have folded to a bet here.

Turn: (2 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I felt like this was the perfect time for a raise. SB could have just about anything, and after the check through could be going for the steal. I put him on a paired 2 or 3, slight possiblity of a weak Q, so I raised to, clean up some overcards and also for value (I really felt like I was ahead at this time) . When he reraised, I started to think the Q was the more likely possiblity, so I decided to call down. Should I just drop it right there. I think this would be weak after the raise and against one unknown, I couldn't let it go.

River: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

This Q actually made me feel a little bit better as I believe it makes his Q a little less likely, and I thought about raising, but I don't have the ability to lay it down to a three bet (I'm working on that). I call, again too weak?

Final Pot: 10 BB

All comments appreciated.

mitch
Old 10-26-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: 77 in BB, I raised the turn with no set, good use of iso?, value b

i bet ze flop.

i fold to ze turn 3-bet.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: 77 in BB, I raised the turn with no set, good use of iso?, value bet?

You line seems viable is SB is tricky, doesn't slowplay, semi-bluffs very aggressively and/or is prone to bouts of mania.

He might just have a strong five like A5 and think you have a weaker one. But if he's a slowplayer, watch out - he could have a Q.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: 77 in BB, I raised the turn with no set, good use of iso?, value bet?

whats going on?

bet the flop.............................