Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Is this a sexy?

My friend and I disagree. I said a sexy is where you lead the flop and turn and CR the river. He says a sexy is where you lead the flop and turn and CR the river WITH THE NUTS. Who is right?

I also took a strange line on this hand, and I'm curious on what people think about it.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Is this a sexy?

I think this is pretty un-sexy.

The reason a c/r works here is because villians hits the ace fairly often, hence him betting when checked to. But, this means your behind and losing 2 bets instead of one!

Replace your TT with 77 and it would at least be debateable.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:34 PM

Link

btw that was a terrible play IMO
Old 10-25-2005, 03:42 PM

Your river checkraise isn't as bad as people are saying. I'm not saying it's correct, but it's not that bad. Checking will induce the bluff. You are going to call so why not take a chance with a CR. Will he fold a J 12% of the time?? Maybe. If it's wrong, it's not wrong by much.