Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 07:11 PM

Default AA on a dry board

a friend of mine sent me the following hand.

villain is 30/10/2 and 30$ went to SD over 100 hands. no further reads.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Hero ($60.20)
MP ($50)
CO ($52.05)
Button ($38.15)
SB ($57.35)
BB ($40.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, MP calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.25, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($6) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, MP calls $5, SB calls $5, BB folds.

Turn: ($21) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, MP calls $15, SB folds.

River: ($51) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ??? (effective stacks of 28.50 left)

comments regarding the turn are appreciated too.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: AA on a dry board

Sure looks like villian can have a 5. I think I check and call here to induce a bluff from a missed flushdraw.

If he's got trips - so be it. I pay him off.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:15 PM

i like a push here. the reason being the pot is going to lay u like 3 to 1 if u check and he pushes and he hasnt given me any reason to think my hand is no good. and if he does have a made hand he is going to check behind and we are going to lose value. if i had a read i may play it different.

ps raise more pf...
Old 10-24-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure looks like villian can have a 5. I think I check and call here to induce a bluff from a missed flushdraw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very unlikely he'd have a busted flush draw considering it was a runner runner and he was heavily raised. This is a check-call to me, he's slow playing the trips or he holds a T (maybe two?).
Old 10-24-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very unlikely he'd have a busted flush draw considering it was a runner runner and he was heavily raised. This is a check-call to me, he's slow playing the trips or he holds a T (maybe two?).

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you want to check/call if you put him on this range? do you think he is more likely to push with a pair of Ts than calling a push with it?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:28 PM

Gonna lose almost all of the time you check call this river, and you are missing value from marginal hands that are committed at this point.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:30 PM

Ok - missed it was a runnerrunner, will read the posts more carefully. But I think a c/c is best anyway.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:39 PM

I would bet 10$ and call a push. (most likely losing if that happens). I think your hand is good here and at best villan has JJ,QQ,
Old 10-24-2005, 07:42 PM

I don't see much harm in checking the turn, although against two opponents that's generally a risky proposition. Honestly if it's me I'm betting $15 and folding to a raise, but people on this forum don't like to fold getting a good price on their money even when it's obvious they're beaten. If you're not going to fold to a raise then you might as well just bet however much you think he'll call with a T.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:43 PM

Slow playing trips and T's is the worst case scenario i should have said. The $15 could have been called because he held the K but still feared the 5's.

Check-called was my first reaction but thinking about it more I think a pair of K's is the most likely hand. $10 -15 bet and call a push is what i NOW would do.