Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:06 AM

Default 99 fullring 1/2, this standard?

Villian was a little crazy(66/22/.8), so I was maybe thinking I should have put in another bet on the river...or only if the river was a non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (10.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: 99 fullring 1/2, this standard?

I would check, despite his being a maniac. It's just too hard to believe he's stayed in the hand with nothing, in light of the betting action and that board.

Also, assuming MP3 is at all reasonable, I would have folded on the flop. I know the pot is large at that point (13.5 SB), but you have an underpair against substantial pre-flop and flop strength from 2 opponents on a scary board, and you are drawing to only 2 outs if behind.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 AM

Is the preflop reraise standard? What are the chances of getting HU with MP3? Would a call be a bad play (4-6 way pot)?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:28 AM

Well, depends on how often he sees the showdown and if you have any "loose-rivercalls" reads on him.
If you don't have any information about this a check is fine, there aren't alot of hands that you beat a sane person would call a riverbet with.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:31 AM

Does MP1 realize Villain is crazy? I'm leaning towards ditching on the flop.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:36 AM

Uh, which Villan was the crazy one, the PFR or the one you wound up with at the end?

If it's the PFR, then I like the preflop 3-bet to isolate. Otherwise, I just call there.

If it's MP1, then I bail out on the flop when the PFR overcalls the maniac's open-bet.

Also if it's MP1 I'll bet/call the river. Uh, wait...that .8 PAF is tough to bet into with position...check it through.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:45 AM

It's tough to say whether this guy is a lag postflop or a calling station postflop with no wtsd% or fold numbers. With the information we have I'd check behind. This is a jack or king reasonably often, a pp reasonbly often, a flush draw reasonably often and a missed straight draw reasonably often. If villian will call the river with a missed straight draw then it's an easy value bet. Against most opponents though I think it's an easy check behind.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:49 AM

If he had a Jack or a King he wouldn't have just called down. And he probably wouldn't have bet out anyway, he would have gone for a checkraise...

I put him one either a draw or a small PP after the call on the turn. He probably would have called with a small PP but not with a busted straight draw. I have not seen him checkraise a river up to this point but I wouldn't put it past him...

EDIT: I don't think he's calling with A-high either on this particular board though I've seen him call down with A-high on other boards so I dunno. I lean towards no.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:58 AM

If the maniac is MP1 then I think you need to just cold-call this preflop. If your read is as you say it is (he'd go for the check-raise with a K or J) then I think you played this hand fine. Otherwise, I'm just pitching it on this flop even against someone that may be a bit crazy postflop.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he had a Jack or a King he wouldn't have just called down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking he very well might with .8 AF -- but maybe not if his AF is low due to his playing so many hands.