Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 04:33 AM

Default bleh AK

Both MP3 and CO are in their first orbit. Bad?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks...

Final Pot: 8.16 BB
Old 10-23-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: bleh AK

Since your hand is good enough to call with, I would fire again on the turn. Reads would help of course, but these guys will peel the flop with just about anything in cluding backdoor str8 draws and Ahigh. There are also some legitimate draws out there.

I think you should bet the river as well. That rivercard is about as scary as they come, and a pair of queens or tens is gonna check here most of the time, I think.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:00 AM

I like it.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:39 AM

Bet the river. Mp3 likely just has some kind of pair, and decided to bet the turn because you checked.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since your hand is good enough to call with, I would fire again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you really think it's good enough to call with? If there's a bet and a fold, hero's getting just over 6-1, and needs about 7 outs to call. If there's a bet and a call, as in the hand, hero needs 6 outs.

The K outs are heavily tainted and club outs are slightly tainted. I think it's optimistic to give hero 7 discounted outs.

Another argument against betting the turn is that hero has very little fold equity. The 9 only improves hands that might have been drawing thin on the flop, so anybody with a flopped pair, or 2 clubs, or a J is seeing the river.

I'd have check/called the turn (check/folded if CO had folded) and check/folded the river UI.

As played, I'd bet the river. Checking allows the opponents to check their weak hands and bet their strong ones.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since your hand is good enough to call with, I would fire again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should bet the river as well. That rivercard is about as scary as they come, and a pair of queens or tens is gonna check here most of the time, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although with this I agree.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:36 PM

I like it up until the river. I agree with everyone who says this is too scary of a card to risk a check-through, especially since a thinking player will realize that everything you had odds to call the river with just came in.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:37 PM

I agree that I should have bet the river. I gave myself 7 outs on the turn (J or A) but that's optimistic. Check folding the turn felt too weak though. The river was checked through, both players had T's + str8 draw. Definitely left money on the table here.