Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 01:42 AM

Default My First Sexy (LC)

This is probably my first good, successful Sexy. This is in the midst of a long downhill run that coincides with my move to 2/4 Stars. Villian is about 22/8/0.8 after about 20 hands. Sorry not much to say, just kinda felt good.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 10-22-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: My First Sexy (LC)

WHY WHY WHY are you going for a checkraise against this guy who has an aggression of .8?
Old 10-22-2005, 01:47 AM

d'oh
Old 10-22-2005, 01:53 AM

I think you might get raised from two pair on this river (A8, etc) so I would prefer a bet/three bet.

&lt;EDIT&gt;: In other words, I only think he bets here if he has an Ace because he likely feels that you are checking b/c you are worried he has an Ace and don't want to get three bet. Therefore, if he does have an Ace here, I think it is likely that he will raise your bet anway, allowing you to threebet. Whereas, a checkraise will only get in two bets most of the time.

Lozing

Old 10-22-2005, 01:55 AM

Good point lozing. Of the hands that he is raising on the flop, most of them have improved on the river. I don't think you can count on him to bet out, and I think most of the hands he is betting on the river he would raise on the river as well.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:07 AM

Good comments, thanks. I was thinking that my 3 bet might have put him into call-down mode, even if he improved to 2 pair somewhere. So I gave him a chance to bet the river, probably a mistake though.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good comments, thanks. I was thinking that my 3 bet might have put him into call-down mode, even if he improved to 2 pair somewhere. So I gave him a chance to bet the river, probably a mistake though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many players know that blind steals get very aggressive and I would believe the majority of players would raise if this Ace helped them at all.

Lozing
Old 10-22-2005, 02:10 AM

Why are you threebetting preflop and on the flop?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also ignored this. From the SB, I fold this everytime to a button raise.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Preflop I wanted BB out of the hand against what looked like a blind steal - so probably a not very strong hand. On the flop I had an OESD and 2 overs (which may or may not have been good).

You guys aren't defending your blinds with a hand like J10? Is this too loose/Agg?