Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2003, 11:37 PM

Default party/empire weirdo

I normally play on Party a lot, starting from two weeks ago, I hit my losing streak. I quickly dropped about $1500 in about a week. This is nothing strange, bad beat happens, but after losing $1500, I don't have any money left in Party, so I switched to my empire account where I have a few hundreds there. My game at empire is ok, I was up about $400 in three days, then I creditted my party account with another $500 and switched to party. This time it's even worse, I lost the entire $500 in two days. I had to switch back to Empire after, and played there. My game suddenly turned incredibly good, I was up $1000 in two days. Ok, I figured my luck has changed. This morning I deposited $500 more to party and played there, this time it didn't even stand for two days, I lost all of them in three hours, then I switch to Empire again. Right after I am back to empire, my luck changed back. I was up about $100 in two hours.

I normally play the high limit tournaments and short handed games, the swing itself is rather normal, it's just too strange that as soon as I sit in party, I lose like crazy, but in empire, I keep winning. I am going to keep switching back and forth a few times, just to see when it's going to stop, or never?
I hope posting here helps this dumb curse to end, otherwise I just have to stick with Empire.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:16 AM

Default Re: party/empire weirdo

Let me just state for the record first that I am not a conspiracy theory person by any means, but I have to tell you I have had the same experience that you have had albeit at a much lower level.

I signed up an account at both party and at empire about 2 weeks ago to get my bonus. I played Empire solid for 400 hands and made about 20 dollars without adding the bonus. I did this playing .50/1 Omaha H/L.

When I played at Party same stakes for 150 hands I lost $45 dollars. I didn't tilt. Just got a bad run of card. So I figured bad run. Chalked it up to chance.

A few days later I referred my friend to both sites to get the bonuses. I was at his house watching him play same game same staket. He plays solid conservative game of Omaha. Result of 150 hands or so at both sites - Empire was dead even(shoula won b/c a few bad mistakes were made) and Party ended up down $50. I never saw such a bad run of unplayable cards, together with beaten flopped boats and quartering galore, except when I played on Party. Especially never seen it at B&M site.

So it seemed fishy to me, and I thought the same thing you are thinking right now. So this might add flame to your fire.... BTW I am not convince there is something crooked cos' I've played less than 1000 hands. But it does make me wonder.

Anybody else want to testify?????

Old 06-04-2003, 03:50 AM

If you took a statistical analysis of every players hands at the 50/1 level and let them draw out to the river. Many illogical beats of your premium pairs and triples and straights would happen. With the looseness of party's degenerate players at this level coupled with the high rake it's a very tough game to crack, unless you know potodds to a tee and are willing to smashouts and catch the fish inbetween. A friend of mine wins large at the 50/1 level because he created a wildman image and makes the degenerates pay for their chases. Plus he cracks hard into any illogically paired board. But it a tough place to beat.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:06 AM

I see what you're saying lefty. You make a good point, especially about the extra .50 rake at $5 Your friend seems like a strong player. You say he "wins large" at .50/1.00. What do you consider a large return at that level over a period of time/hands??

But the tables I was playing at didn't seem that loose to me. It was a little looser than the Stars 2/4 which I often play but then again what isn't. There were a few wacko's on Party but that still doen't explain to me why I was successful on Empire twice and not on party twice. Granted, I probably need a larger sample to prove anything, but it still feels strange.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:15 AM

I played .50/1 for about 2 months on party and won about $750-$1000.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:11 AM

My buddy plays them hard and has consistently won about 4 dollars an hour per table at 50/1. He can do this for about 2 months before he suffers from mental burnout. Then he usually takes about 2 weeks off. He can routinely crackout 200 US a week playing 3 tables of .50/1 2 at party and one paradise.( he puts in about 15 to 20 hours for that) But like I said since he doesn't play like a Skalansky clone he burns out easier because he is forced to use his mind hard on every hand he plays. I myself was a shade up playing like a Skalansky clone, but had one crackhead beat day, playing two tables at 50/1 and am actually-7 at party. I dumped 100 to unbeleivable beats and since I was only winning about 2 bucks an hour before this day,on one table. I can't justify the investment of time for that so I haven't been back since. I may try empire for the bonus and because the rock party at 2/4 and 3/6 has become fishermans wharf with all the new players.........
Old 06-04-2003, 09:35 AM

I have just the opposite experience. At the .50/1 tables for May at Party - 1300 hands plus 4.77 BB/hour, while at Empire - 1645 hands minus .82 BB/hour.

Of course, there is no conspiracy, but we all know intuitively that the software programs will randomly switch to bad beat mode for each player for a certain number of hands. I am currently doing an analysis of this to find the pattern; hence, the greater number of hands at the losing site.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:14 AM

Interesting post Bartleby. I look forward to hearing the results of your analysis.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:35 AM

Tell me you're being sacastic and realize he's joking.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:54 AM

FYI--First sentence is absolutely correct though. Taken from Poker Tracker Stats. Couldn't help adding the second paragraph, though.