Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Advise needed - After PP What?

After just having my PartyPoker account closed on me I need a new home. I have read a lot in this forum about the advantages of chasing around after Bonuses and unmentionables - but I am too old and too lazy to go there. I like to just settle in and play about 100K hands per year in a full ring 3/6 and 5/10. So could I please take advantage of your collective experience to tell me where you would choose for just one place to play meeting the following criteria.

1. Minimum 4 table (more is nice).
2. Works with PT and PA.
3. A reasonable (doesn't need to be the best) return of bonuses and the thing that must not be named.
4. Decent software and support.
5. Decent games in full ring 3/6 and 5/10.

Thats about it. Your help is much appreciated.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Advise needed - After PP What?

The question has to be asked. Why did you have your PP account closed on you? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:16 PM

If you only play one table, Pacific has some of the softest games on the net.

Bodog and the Prima tables seem pretty beatable also.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM

I was afraid someone would ask - because I do feel kind of stupid. Briefly: I was offered $305 for 5800 raked hands. No problem - but kind of tight. I usually never pay attention to Party Points but I noticed that I just qualified for promotion after last quarter. So that should make it easier to qualify. When the promotion did not come through I sent a series of three very polite letters asking why. The answer was always the same - "yes you should be promoted and will be in just a few days." By the forth letter I got snippy (not rude or obscene - just sarcastic.) I threw out a simi-bluff saying promote me or I walk. I assumed that someone giving them over 10K per year in rake would at least get call asking "is there a problem here." Instead I got this response:

"We are not perfect like life is not. Like our biological system, our technology does sometimes face problems and things might take some time but we cannot call it quits can we?

However, as you have requested, we have closed your account. It means that you will not be able to login, make deposits or be able to play on PartyPoker.com."

Moral: Never bluff an opponent who holds all the aces.

I realize from my readings on this forum that Party seems to have a bit of a split personality. One the one hand (in the press) they say they want to encourage long term heavy players. On the other hand they just don't seem to like us.

But I don't really feel bad - like a lot of lazy people I need to be poked with a sharp stick to move and I think it was time to move anyway.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:27 PM

If I were you and since PP is the biggest pond out there I would call and tell them I have reconsidered my position and would like my account re-opened. While you have them on the phone I would also politely ask them if they would mind looking into the bonus issue once again.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:33 PM

Enjoy.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:06 PM

Wow, what jerks. They closed your account because you threatened to walk? Or did you actually say, promote it now or close my account?

Anyway, 1 table go to Pacific. Otherwise, Pokerroom, Poker Stars, UB, Prima, are all fine.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:13 PM

Pokerstars
Old 10-19-2005, 08:48 PM

...but you never actually asked them to close your account. Call and bitch up a storm! Ask for the Indian tech support manager, etc.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:07 PM

YOu could take this chance to open an account with rb.