Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 10:42 AM

Default crazy deep 5-10 6max

5-10 6 max, my stack was only $1000, while everyone else at the table had at least $2500. Player to my left (BB) called many bets and raised a lot preflop w/ a huge range (he's sitting on $4k). Player on my right (Button) has raised and reraised certain players w/ a huge range of hands. Two players to my right, CO ($2.5k), has opened and called reraises with a huge range of hands.

So I've been plaing tight waiting to get some nice preflop edge to get deeper with these guys. I'm by far the tightest at the table and everyone should know it.

CO opens for $35 (this means two cards that he'll probably call a reraise with - he'll also rereraise if he has the goods AK, QQ+). Button reraises to $120. This has happened the last 4 or 5 rounds in this spot. Button can have A5, K9o, 22, etc. here. I have AQo in the SB, Hero...

Also, I've seen BB cold call this reraise a couple times now w/ average hands.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: crazy deep 5-10 6max

Folds with a raise and re-raise in front AQ is no good. I know you say he re-raises with a wide range but it doesnt mean he cant wake up to a big hand. There are also people left to act behind you. I think its a fold....
Old 10-19-2005, 10:51 AM

fold. you're up against a raise and re-raise - add that to you being OOP, this is an easy fold.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:53 AM

Are you saying you will have an incredible edge when you cover both of these guys?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:56 AM

It depends how long you're going to let yourself get rolled over by this kind of thing. It's either a fold or reraise. Personally, with the dynamic you've described, I'd reraise to $350 and see what happens.
I would usually worry about building a huge pot OOP, but since you're likely to push or fold the flop (or likely fold to a preflop reraise from CO), I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:24 AM

poooosh, show them you're fearless, baby.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying you will have an incredible edge when you cover both of these guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - they are playing way too loose for 6-handed. If it were 3 handed, then no. They were way to crazy postflop and pushing pairs too far. For example (later in the session), guy in front of me opens, I reraise $120 w/ AQo, all others fold, he calls. Flop is AQx 2flush board, he bets pot, I raise pot, he calls. Turn A, he checks, I check. River blank, he checks, I push, he calls w/ Q5s. So yes, there was edge there.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:26 PM

From your analysis it looks like if you call or raise you could be looking at a re-raise from either or both the BB and CO. If the CO raises he's probably got the goods, so OOP I don't see the edge you're looking for.

On the other hand, if you call and the BB raises, CO folds, and Button calls then I think you're looking much better. Probably worth a call to see what the CO does.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:38 PM

Well, for better or worse, I called the bet to see what CO would do (if he reraised, then he has a hand that beats mine). BB called, CO called. 4 to the flop.

A73 w/ 2 clubs (I had none). I checked, BB checked, CO bet $200, button folded, I pushed, BB folded, CO thought for a bit and called w/ 8c9c.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:18 PM

calling seems all right. Let them hang themselves.