Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Turn decision

3/6 6 max.

limper is decent, somewhat loose pf. My only note on him was that 'raisd flp w/ str8t draw vs my pfr'

SB was a terrible lag, he would get aggressive then if played back at he'd fold. He was the reason I was at the table.

ok the hand:

1 limper to me, I raise AK in the CO, BTN folds, SB calls, BB folds, limper calls.

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

limper checks, I bet, SB raises, limper calls 2 cold, I 3bet, SB calls, now limper caps, I call, and SB folds

turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

limper checks, I ....
Old 10-18-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Turn decision

I'm definitely checking behind. It's possible he's on a straight draw but I can't see him call/capping with much you beat now that the flush came in. I'm thinking check the turn and call a river bet as there's a chance he bets the river with a worse ace or a busted draw.

Edit: Congrats on moving up btw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 02:27 PM

Check. Too much action on the flop. Flush draw just came in. Cold calling looks like a draw.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:32 PM

I'd be inclined to bet here, and fold if the limper check-raises. I think there's a good chance you're ahead of the LAGgy SB. I don't understand what the limper is doing (cold-calls two bets, then caps the 3-bet?) but I don't want to miss value from the SB, or give a free card to a naked [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

(I'm assuming you don't have the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]...)
Old 10-18-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(I'm assuming you don't have the K...)

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s
Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely checking behind. It's possible he's on a straight draw but I can't see him call/capping with much you beat now that the flush came in. I'm thinking check the turn and call a river bet as there's a chance he bets the river with a worse ace or a busted draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really thought he had the frush, but I didn't know if I should bet/fold to a raise, or check. If I check, do I call a bet, b/c I think he is betting here like 99% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Congrats on moving up btw

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, I'm still playing some 2/4 though.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be inclined to bet here, and fold if the limper check-raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this line.
The question then is, why not check thru and call a river bet. This way I still get to see a showdown, and it only costs me the 1 BB.

Or, if I really think he has me beat, should I check the turn and fold to a river bet.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:02 PM

I'm pretty terrified of the limper here. I like check/calling and watching him flip 55/77
Old 10-18-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be inclined to bet here, and fold if the limper check-raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this line.
The question then is, why not check thru and call a river bet. This way I still get to see a showdown, and it only costs me the 1 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh -- I completely misread the action in this hand and didn't see that SB had folded on the flop. I also thought he magically shifted positions and was going to act after you. Anyway...

Checking behind definitely looks better when it's just the two of you. But it does have the disadvantage of giving free cards to someone who could have up to 12 outs to beat you, if you're ahead. I don't know -- it depends on whether you think it's you or him who's drawing here.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:40 PM

This is nutty. One the one hand, you can check behind, call a river bet and see a showdown for 1 bet. On the other, it looks like he made two-pair or a set on the flop, and is afraid you've got the flush, so if you bet he miiiiiight fold, if he raises you can pretty safely fold yourself, and if he just calls you might get a showdown for the same price as the first option.

Bet.