Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 11:38 PM

Default suited connectors hit middle pair

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Table is very loose and I have only seen one raise besides mine in about 50 hands, so the limp is not as bad as it looks although i should not have done it. Other than that, what do you think of this line?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.75. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

I paired up but would probably have folded to a bet here due to pot odds. Implied odd may have gotten me there, but my pair can also be easily counterfieted (SP?). But lucky me, it checks through.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Good card for me, no one has the jack and my card is second pair, kicker sucks though. Get a bet and this is where I have one of my main questions. Is raising the right thing to do? With this table, I was 80% sure I had the best pair here, my only concern was my kicker. I felt I could drive out the other players with this bet?

River: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Very weak on my part, or is this one of the "you only get called with hands that beat you".

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Comments appreciated.

mitch