Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 03:30 AM

Default AQs, do I hate money?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

---

I was a little worries about reverse-implied odds from hands like 2pr, sets, and Q8s.

Villain is 33% vpip who's betting into me, and a calling station calls.

Should I have peeled one off in this hand?

If I should have, what sorts of boards am I folding on?

i.e. what if the board were 987 instead? What if it were monotone?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: AQs, do I hate money?

A peelhere isn't too bad. A lot of the time we'll see a draw betting on this flop, or a pair + draw (in which case we don't worry about reverse domination). I would be less likely to peel on a board like T93, as draws are less likely and we may face some reverse domination from QT, A9, etc.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A peelhere isn't too bad. A lot of the time we'll see a draw betting on this flop, or a pair + draw (in which case we don't worry about reverse domination). I would be less likely to peel on a board like T93, as draws are less likely and we may face some reverse domination from QT, A9, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:03 AM

No you don't hate money.

That an easy fold for me on a flop like that.

Just saw that it was 5 handed so i'm not so sure now it's probably closer maybe peel and dump turn UI.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:58 AM

I'd either raise or fold here. I don't think calling is any good at all here. By raising we have the option of taking a free card or folding on the turn if we get bet into again.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:07 AM

I don't mind the fold that much, but I'd be inclined to take one off here and see the turn, and re-evaluate the action there. A case could also be made for a raise for a free card, but I don't want to face a re-raise either.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:15 AM

I don't think this is a bad fold regardless of the outcome of the hand. SB could be betting 2 high cards, a gutshot, an oesd, a pair or better. BB could be calling with the same range, but most reasonable players will not call with high cards on such a coordinated board so I would give more credit to BB having a gutshot/oesd/pair (granted reads are important). If BB had folded I would definitely peel, but I think you're drawing thin here too often in a pot that is too small to justify it.

Edit: Just saw the reads. I don't mind a peel against these opponents.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A case could also be made for a raise for a free card, but I don't want to face a re-raise either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think the hands that give you a free card are the hands you beat. Most made hands are leading the turn or 3-betting the flop on such a coordinated board and most draws would be glad to take a free card as it would help them more than you (since you currently have the better hand).
Old 10-17-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a bad fold regardless of the outcome of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grinned when I saw this. It's not 100% necessary to add that in when replying tom myself, however, fyi, the turn and river WERE running aces. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think Miles is right; peeling is best. If I were acting directly after BB and there were a few players in the pot, then a fold would be more appropriate, but I'm closing the action in this hand and with so few hands against me the chance of them having a monster is lowwer.

The issue that I'd have here is that I don't want to walk into this turn in a 4.5bb pot and face a checkraise if I hit my ace. Luckily, I don't think that either of these opponents are that tricky. However, when I make my TP hand, I'll have to be a little cautious with it (i.e. raise the turn, but only call if they donk the river, as this is something that bot set / 2pr might do (played by bad players)).

On the other hand, folding here isn't terrible... but peeling is still best.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Miles is right;

[/ QUOTE ]
thank you dave