Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Watch me play 100 hands of 2/4 6m.

Here you can find a video of me playing 100 hands of 2/4 6max against terrible opponents on a single table. It's an hours play compressed down to about 19 minutes (whenever I fold, the rest of the hand is edited out.) 30 MB download. XViD codec required. It's recorded at 15FPS and it's quite watchable.

Obviously inspired by TStoneMBD. My content isn't interesting like his (I'm playing much lower and I'm not really that good), but I wanted to give the technical side of making a video a try. Watch it and comment on specific hands or the general idea of video review as a whole.

Link again
Old 10-17-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Watch me play 100 hands of 2/4 6m.

Cool, I will take a look at it. Do you have an Aim SN for discussion of hands on the video?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:00 AM

waffle @ efnet irc
Old 10-17-2005, 04:22 AM

i like your avatar so i watched this and reviewed your play:

25s - i think i'd call this preflop, but folding is obviously fine. you would've flopped a flush draw though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

55 - what was your plan if the SB folded?

J9o - i'd raise this on the button.

33 - no, this is not a good board to call down on. i guess we can't see that much of how he had been playing, but from what we can see moraj seemed to be playing reasonably... i think folding that flop might be best, and i'm out after the turn. i saw the cursor itching towards the fold button too. you just couldn't let it go.

TT - he limps J4s utg, moraj not looking so reasonable anymore.

A7s - i know he raised Q4 utg once, but i think i'd still fold this preflop. i would check call this turn. yes you've got lots of outs but you don't want to do that OOP. he'll just punish you if he has a better hand, maybe fold a worse one, and certainly not fold a better one. i'd check/call the turn, check/call the river UI, check-raise a 7, bet an A or club.

QTo - I SAW YOU GO FOR THE RAISE BUTTON, yeah raise preflop.

23o - this isn't a flop that i'd bet at.

JTs - certainly a loose table, but i don't know how i feel about raising it UTG here. i'd like to limp it, but don't know how well that'll work out... i'm not sure you can fold though.

A9s - don't raise out of the BB here.

A4s - i'd 3-bet this.

66 - hmm. it looks like moraj has been playing a bit more passively than his stats suggest, but that's one hell of a drawy flop. i wouldn't 3-bet... the pot is small, the 3-bet will just get you in trouble. seems to me like you're sometimes a bit aggro OOP. i'd call the raise and as the nl people like to say "play poker" after that. but in a limit sense.

56s - maybe a bit much, but hey it's the first hand heads up, he just completes the SB, he's real loose preflop, i'd raise. well it looks like you didn't end up staying to play him after that, but oh well, i'd still do it.

the video was really well done, i'm impressed. i haven't seen tstone's videos yet, but it looks like this video thing is a good idea.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:09 AM

im just getting into shorthanded and trying to learn quick. i just downloaded it and watched it. its very well done video. i think 1 tablling makes it a lot easier to follow the action and the editing out of folded hands ensures continous action, i like.

wheelz mentioned a lot of points that i wanted to talk about. but ill reiterate.

1. you had 9,10o and betted on the flop of king high. bluffs like these seem spewish.

2. the 33 hand, you raised and got reraised preflop. then called down. way spewish.

3. J9o on button, should of raised?

4. you had KQ, flop came 8,8,5. you called on the flop. is this a standard peel? you did have a backdoor flush with the Q. i fold these situations though, even if a K or Q hits, you might still be beat by the 8. well as it turns out, a Q hit the turn and you raised! this a safe raise? you hoping he pays off with a 5 but it seems risky. you lose more if you're behind and win less if you are ahead. wouldn't it be better to just smooth call the turn and hope he bets again on river? if he has an 8, you lose more and have to showdown. if his behind, you smooth call on turn and he bets again on river, making you more money.

5. the A7s hand. check/raising that turn was mighty crazy. if he has a king, his not folding. you open yourself up to a 3 bet and you have to call for your flush. whats your plan if he calls the turn and you don't flush on the river, check/call?

6. 2,3o. you bet on Q,6,7 flop. spewing?

7. A,9s. the turn call seemed mighty loose.

8. 6,10 and you bet on K,J,4 flop. again the bluffing. what makes you decide weather or not to put in a pure bluff on these flops?

9. the 66 reraise on the 9,7,3 flop was definitly spew. i think it would be ok to call this flop raise since you do have the backdoor str8 and the flush also the 6 is clean. but folding to his raise is better imo.

again, im just starting to get into short handed and would like to learn. im just wondering about those plays, not criticizing.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:17 AM

the KQ peel i make every time. it's close, but there's also implied odds and metagame to consider. i don't like someone thinking they can defend their blind, donk an 884 flop and have me give up every time. that's why sometimes you need to also call the flop donk with a good hand then raise the turn, so they can't be sure that you're just taking a card off every time. you also have to consider that you might have the best hand, if he checked the turn i think i would bet and obviously take a free showdown. at 2/4 6 max someone could be stabbing at that flop with tons of hands, and they usually won't bet an 8.

edit: i guess i didn't see the T6 hand but i thought the T9 one was OK
Old 10-17-2005, 06:21 AM

Thanks for posting this man, this is fantastic. I hope to see more of this kind of stuff!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:33 AM

yes please more more,
Old 10-17-2005, 06:38 AM

Awesome video, nice work!
Hope we will see some more of this.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the comments wheelz. I usually don't raise KQo out of the sb or A9s out of the BB, but I decided to this session. (I think my potential audience may have changed that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

QT pf - are you sure about this raise? I would have raised QTs, but I haven't been so hot on raising QTo, JTo, KTo with people already in the pot lately.

55 - if the SB folded, I'm still folding.

J9 - I steal with J9s but not J9o. But my ATT to steal is lower than most of ya'lls.

A4s in SB versus button open raise - The button's PFR was what, like 8? I don't feel comfortable with this hand against him.

33 calldown - definitely spewing. I saw the Q on the flop, and decided to call down unless a T, J, K, or A hit. I thought he would keep firing with missed overcards. I saw the T on the turn and just said [censored] it in one of my weaker moments. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KQ peel - I used to fold these flops all the time, but I don't. A lot of randoms will try to push me around since I'm tight. If you notice, in the actual hand he had K2 and was betting a lower king high. When I raise the turn, I'm hoping to be paid off by not only a 5, but also any pocket pairs or ace high (or sometimes king high, lol). Maybe raising river is better?

A7s checkraise - I agree with wheels.

66 3-bet - Should have just folded the flop, I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I felt pretty stupid after this hand and it's why I decided not to play this guy HU.

Thanks for the comments guys! And I need to check out that new BSS album.

edit:

[ QUOTE ]

7. A,9s. the turn call seemed mighty loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't sure about it. I hesitated before the call. The reason I called was because I picked up a gutshot in addition to my potentially bad overcard outs. Problem is, if my gutshot hits, it puts 4 to a straight on board. So maybe more of a fold?