Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 01:34 AM

Default AQo hits TP on monotone flop vs. LAG

PP $50NL. Villain's stats through 70 hands were 39 VPIP, 19 PFR, 5.0 aggression. He's shown some good hands (two pair or better) and some weak ones (top pair weak kicker), and has played them all with the gas pedal to the floor. He's capable of raising/reraising any hand he'd bet out with.

Villain raises to $2 in MP (standard). I have AQo (no heart) on button and call. Effective stacks were $55. Heads up to the flop ...

Flop ($4.75) - A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check. He fires $6. I call.

Turn ($16.75) - T, no heart

I check. He fires $10. I call.

River ($36.75) - Q, no heart. Yuck.

I check. He fires $10. I happily call getting 4.6 to 1.

Is there a spot in here where I'm better off taking control? The threat of a reraise at any point (and the possibility that it could make me fold the best hand) convinced me to take the line I took, but I'm not sure it's the best one. (Might be why I posted ...)
Old 10-17-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: AQo hits TP on monotone flop vs. LAG

Why are you on the button and acting before Villian in MP on all streets?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you on the button and acting before Villian in MP on all streets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops. I posted right before going to bed. Must have been really tired.

He acted first and bet out on all streets into me. My apologies for my lack of proofreading.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain's stats through 70 hands were 39 VPIP, 19 PFR, 5.0 aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone point me to a post that explains what these terms mean? I have a vauge idea, but would like a little more detail. 19 pfr means the % of times villian raises pre flop, but how are VPIP and aggression calculated? What's the scale? search function came up with like a billion responses.

This board is really scary, but once you call the turn you have to call the river. I'd fold the turn after he fires a second time. Am I too tight weak?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain's stats through 70 hands were 39 VPIP, 19 PFR, 5.0 aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone point me to a post that explains what these terms mean? I have a vauge idea, but would like a little more detail. 19 pfr means the % of times villian raises pre flop, but how are VPIP and aggression calculated? What's the scale? search function came up with like a billion responses.

This board is really scary, but once you call the turn you have to call the river. I'd fold the turn after he fires a second time. Am I too tight weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP = The percentage of the time villain voluntarily puts money in the pot, either by calling or betting/raising, preflop.

5.0 aggression means, postflop, the villain makes one check or call for every 5 times he bets or raises. In other words, when he has a decision, he's usually pumping the pot.

As for your "Is that weak/tight?" question, I don't know.