Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 02:42 PM

Default I suck at poker: Two hands vs the same guy

PP 5/10 5-handed

I open K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from CO because BTN and BB are both tight. Maybe this is too loose regardless but I did it. Unknown calls in the SB

flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, bet, he checkraise, I fold.

feels really weak because thats a bluff so often, but I think its the correct play? I really have no [censored] clue.

very next hand, same guy:

I open 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG, villian CCs HU.

flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he raise, I 3-bet, he calls.

turn T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

bet, call

river K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

bet, call.

Fold flop? just call down? play like I did?

Thanks for your help
Old 10-15-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: I suck at poker: Two hands vs the same guy

Hand 1: Yeah, seems a touch loose for a steal, but not that bad. I will steal with K7s every time there.

I usually at least call the flop c/r even though it is probably slightly -ev for a couple reasons.

1) i don't want him thinking he can just c/r the flop when i have raised preflop and i'll fold. because then he's going to c/r a lot more flops than he would otherwise and make my life hell.

2) your k outs are usually good. you also have backdoor flush outs and if you spike a 7 on the turn, you pick up 8 more straight outs.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:01 PM

the second hand you should check teh river unless you think he'll call with A high.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the second hand you should check teh river unless you think he'll call with A high.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea, 2 face overcards (+ the nine) doesnt look good for an 88.

In hand 1 though, he might be c/r the 6 or a low pp here. However, since your 5 is lower than the board, you are likely drawing to either 3 outs or nearly dead. The pot is small, so I like to fold here.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:47 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking the river here only makes sense if I am folding to a bet or if he routinely misses river value bets.

And yes I would expect him to call with A-high (assuming thats his holding...wouldn't you?)