Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 01:11 AM

Default AQo acsheeeee ohhhhhhhh NNNN 20/40 game.

just got back from a live session. this hand i thought was interesting:

lineup is as follows...my friend winston who goes to my MBA program is two seats to my right. stella is to his right. a tight guy but pretty bad is to her right. another tight guy winning player but has shown down some doosies in the past is to his right and some other loose loose agros to their right and in the blinds for this hand are two semi nuts loose guys but they know not to call 3 or 4 bets ccold from me...other than that, they're in there.

my image at this point is pretty par for the course for me. im raising a lot as usual and taking down some decent pots and having a few beats thrown my way. nothing out of the ordinary. winston by the way is a decent player but he likes to complete and call raises int eh blidns in huge pots w/ 52o and he'll cold call Ax x>=8 if the right player raises.

so one of the loose agro guys opens UTG+1, one of the tight players cold calls. then stella cold calls (if i didn't mention it stella is an actual psychic by trade that is SUPER Superstitious and asks for setups and complains even if she wins...bad plaeyr) then winston cold calls then the guy in between us (no solid read as of yet...he just joined last round) cold calls and its up to me w/ AhQd.

i 3bet my button to get at least one of the blinds out + my equity edge+ my position + my image (i can't really cold call here w/ AQo imo..and i CERTAINLY cant fold it) 1 of the blinds folds and the other calls all else call and its

7 to the flop for 3bets each+the bb =22sbs.

flop is ugh. KsQsJx. and in this 22 sb pot the action is checked all the way around to me. i have no spade. 1 pair that may or may not (likely not) be good and my gut thinks a check is a good prudent move (no need to build a pot since i can profitably call a turn bet getting at least 12:1). then my mind kicks in and says bet. so i bet.

sb folds UTG calls tight guy calls. stella calls and winson now checkraises my sorry ass. his range here is definately a great draw (flush draw+gutshot etc. 2pair -KQ/KJ/QJ, or the straight). i call as does everybody else.

turn is a 4d. no help. checked to winston who bets. your action and plan for river

EDIT: winston and i are the only ones in this hand with OVER buttons so if we are HU on the river its $80/bet

Barron
Old 10-15-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: AQo acsheeeee ohhhhhhhh NNNN 20/40 game.

I can't see you getting out a better hand with a raise. I don't think you have the best hand here either. Therefore, just call. You can reevalute on the river.

Either that or ask Stella to predict the river card before you act. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: AQo acsheeeee ohhhhhhhh NNNN 20/40 game.

If you think he can't get him to fold a better hand, and he has a worst hand, then he should fold. It's a big pot, and thus tough to lay down, but with 7x3 this flop is really very likely to just nail someone on the head. I'd say you just muck the turn, All the possibilities from 2 pair to set to just a King to striaght, to JTs really puts you up [censored] creek. You can't beat much and if you are winning he is likely to have 9-13+ outs. I think this is a fold, or if you want to call him down, then it's just call it down no raising, cause you could be crushed and you still want to hit a red ten on the river.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:08 AM

Default River....

so board was KsQsJx4d and there's 14bbs in the pot. I called Winston's bet getting 15:1 on the turn and everybody else folded.

river was Qc.

winston bets 80. call or fold or raise.

Barron
Old 10-15-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: River....

[ QUOTE ]
so board was KsQsJx4d and there's 14bbs in the pot. I called Winston's bet getting 15:1 on the turn and everybody else folded.

river was Qc.

winston bets 80. call or fold or raise.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
When winston bets the end after the queen hits, this to me means he has a monster and the Queen pairing helped him more than it hurt him, I wouldnt even put winston on a busted draw simply becuz he should know you will call this river with very little given the huge size of the pot. Anyways, you have an easy call on the river barron given the size of the pot, and raising would be excessive in my opinion and folding would be terrible. Even with an 80 bet on the end this is an easy call in my opinion. And for whats its worth, I see nothing wrong with just calling preflop vs 3 betting with your offsuit holding to build the pot, and a check on that flop also looks right since you know you must be trailing at that point given the preflop action, but I would be tempted to bet the flop also if i felt there was a decent chance I could get a free card on the turn.