Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:51 PM

Default I\'m so weak-tight it hurts.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($44.90)
Hero ($67.25)
BB ($34.50)
UTG ($33.90)
MP ($21.80)
CO ($41.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

-I called preflop because I was ending the action, and I figured that I had pot odds for this suited connector. Since UTG limp-called, I'm not horribly scared of his hand. A strong hand likes to isolate here, and I've seen UTG do it before with a stronger hand.

Flop: ($2.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks.

-Since I'm first to act I don't want to take a stab at it. On this table however, all of my paired-board steals have been pretty successful. I just didn't want any pocket pair to call me and then have me be screwed on the turn.

Turn: ($2.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.25</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

-Why didn't I lead this turn? I think I'm retarded. Lead out pot, fold to raise? What's the deal here?

Final Pot: $3.50
Old 10-14-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: I\'m so weak-tight it hurts.

I'd make that preflop call and see how the flop treats me. It wasn't much of a raise by your opponent.

If you have been stealing a lot of the paired boards, maybe it's fine to check here and get the free card. You don't have to steal it every time. You don't have anything, of course.

You are right on the turn--you should have led. Pot it and fold to a raise.