Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 03:41 AM

Default donk bets

MP3 is 18/3/1.2

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

Comments, please?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: donk bets

I fold preflop but whatever. Lead the flop though.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP3 is 18/3/1.2

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

Comments, please?

[/ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: This is a clear fold, if your hand was suited it would be a clear call. Calling legitimate raises with A9o in the BB will cost you alot of money in the long run.
FLOP: You must bet here, there is no guarantee that he button will bet, and you certainly dont want to checkraise if the button does bet and force everyone out when you have such a strong hand. You need to take control of the hand right away and bet the flop. TURN: Why are you check-calling here? After you check and the MP3 guy bets you must raise here!! It is just too likely that you have the best hand here, so you need to raise and get more money in the pot!! If MP3 has a better hand than you then thats just bad luck, but you need to push your edge here for the times your hand is good, with a flush draw on board there are still many hands the MP3 can have that you beat but will still call your raise. RIVER: given the way you played your hand this is the only street you got right, at this point there is no guarantee that he MP player will bet so you must bet to make sure he doesnt check it down, going for the checkraise would not be the right play here.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2005, 04:19 AM

im gonna fold pf on this one. Easily dominated, offsuit ace against a raise. Raise the flop, it looks like you checked to perfectly set up the c/r to protect, but then you chickened out or something. you then lead the turn, but here i would raise again. lead river. i see you used WA/WB. i dont like this here because the donk bettor wasnt the pf raisor. it wasnt HU at the time, and those people could draw out on you. they may have more than 7 outs collectively. Take control of this hand on the flop.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
are we leading the flop because it becomes unlikely button has an ace since we accounted for 3, and he has position to get a free turn? Or are we hoping to get more value instead of protecting after we tripped the flip? This isnt like the nuts here, the board is 2 flushed, there are backdoor straights, and we could get boated.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
are we leading the flop because it becomes unlikely button has an ace since we accounted for 3, and he has position to get a free turn? Or are we hoping to get more value instead of protecting after we tripped the flip? This isnt like the nuts here, the board is 2 flushed, there are backdoor straights, and we could get boated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to play this hand for pure value.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to play this hand for pure value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. The only hands that could draw to beat you that you can protect against on the flop are 34 and 45. Flush draws will have odds to call regardless, so you might as well pad the pot with people drawing very slim with what they think are 5 and 6 outers. I'd bet the flop, then smooth call or 3 bet depending on whether players in this game will call one bet and fold for two more (a lot of players I play with live will rarely do this).

To the OP, did you play it this way because you thought there was a good chance you were beat? It looks to me like you let the draws draw as cheaply as possible, and then finally bet your hand when a bunch of them came in.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:45 AM

I'd Checkraise the Flop.

Or the Turn.

Or the River.

Looks like you missed several chances to get more money into the pot. Make people pay to draw out on you.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:49 AM

Ok, here are the reasons why I played the hand this way. I called PF because I was on the rush, cards just fell right all the time. I did not bet the flop because of the same reason, I just did not want to drive all players away, most of them would have folded fearing the raise from PR. Turn - iI was pretty sure he did not have an ace and would fold to raise. That's how the hand got out of control. Thanks all for the responses. Yeah, results:

Hero has 9c As (three of a kind, aces).
MP3 has 8h 8s (two pair, aces and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.66 BB.