Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Interesting Party Poker reward system

So I reopened my old Scuba_Chuck account about a week ago, to play some STEPs. After this latest announcement, I'm logging in today to play some SNGs, and I get this popup.

[ QUOTE ]
Earn 3010 Regular Points between October 5th and October 31st and you can earn $295 in cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Built in rakeback. So how do I earn points anyway?

[ QUOTE ]
Single Table Tournaments and Multi - table Sit and Go Tournaments with less than 50 players
Tournaments which have $1 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 3 Party Points
Tournaments which have $2 - $4 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 6 Party Points
Tournaments which have $5 - $8 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 12 Party Points
Tournaments which have $9 - $12 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 18 Party Points
Tournaments which have $12 - $15 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 30 Party Points
Tournaments which have $16 - $25 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 50 Party Points
Tournaments which have $26 - $39 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 70 Party Points
Tournaments which have $40 - $59 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 85 Party Points
Tournaments which have $60 or more as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 100 Party Points

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Internet Bonus forum, there's a thread on this topic, and it's interesting the different "earn pts, earn XXX cash" popups people have gotten.

So here's the interesting part. For me to earn this bonus, I need to play 500 $22/$33 SNGs or 250 $55 SNGs.

If I play 500 $22 SNGs, this amounts to a 29% rakeback deal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
If I play 500 $33 SNGs, this amounts to a 19% rakeback deal. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
If I play 250 $55 SNGs, this amounts to 23.5% rakeback.

Edit: And I feel certain this offer must change each month based on the volume I play/pay.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Interesting Party Poker reward system

What, Mike Sexton didn't call you 9893287983983743 in 15 minute intervals like a desperate bitch to tell you party had emailed you about this?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:04 PM

I don't get it, why are they penalizing the players who play for more $ and generate more rake?

Also, I find it peculiar that they've done this but that party is also opening up tracking codes to the affiliates again. Anyone think its possible that they're luring players back to their site with traditional rakeback but are going to axe the affiliates and put this in place once they have everyone back? I have no basis for this so feel free to ignore me.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it, why are they penalizing the players who play for more $ and generate more rake?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2005, 11:13 PM

I have rakeback so im happy and this should only mean more rakeback right?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:16 PM

is there something like this for ring games?

also, direct me to where i can lay the beatdown on players in this forum who are whining about losing rakeback. it needs to be done.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:23 PM

This site has been full of headless chooks lately. People should learn to sit back and wait for the dust to settle.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have rakeback so im happy and this should only mean more rakeback right?

[/ QUOTE ]
what if party kills the rakeback you're already getting and uses only this system?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:33 PM

I wouldn't care as long as it's in the same ballpark.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:36 PM

I wont be thrilled, but i play the 22s and 33s. Rakeback is nice but the roi is high enough where I'm fine. If i was playing the 109s+ then I would be pissed.