Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Misplayed every street with this TPTK?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

SB ($12.87) --> VP$IP 32, PFR 4%
BB ($14.05) --> Has played nothing in 18 hands, so probably very tight
Hero ($22.15)
UTG+1 ($26.95)
MP1 ($16.63)
MP2 ($24.95)
MP3 ($28.20)
CO ($25.60)
Button ($22.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

I had caught a streak of cold cards since I joined the table (4% VP$IP), and I was thinking a standard raise might just net me the blinds. Table was moderately tight and passive (about 25% VP$IP with 4% PFR) with one maniac (72% VP$IP, 28% PFR) 3 seats to my left, so I was hoping he would raise it for me. As it turned out, he folded.

--&gt; Being too clever with this AK?

Flop: ($1) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls $1, BB calls $1.

I'm only facing the SB and BB here, and there were no raises pre-flop, so I'm thinking that I'm up against a smaller ace or a queen. A set of 8s seems unlikely, given the weak pre-flop action.

--&gt; Should this have been a $3-4 raise?

Turn: ($7) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, SB calls $8, BB calls $6.80 (All-In), Hero calls $2.80, SB calls $1.62 (All-In).

I'm getting about 2 1/2 to 1 on a call with probably 5 outs and one card to come, so this seems like a raise-or-fold situation. Turn seemed unlikely to have helped anyone, unless it made them a two-pair, so I raised.

--&gt; Clear fold?

--&gt; Alternatively, assuming that a raise was correct, would my 3/4 pot raise be large enough?

River: ($41.22) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $41.22
Old 10-09-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Misplayed every street with this TPTK?

Raise preflop, if all you get are the blinds, then so be it.

But since you did not raise preflop, pot the flop.

Given the action, I think that you should have folded on the turn because you are most likely beat and three of your highly unlikely outs are tainted (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]).

What did you think that the SB and the BB had when you raised the turn?

btw - 88 is entirely reasonable as many people would not raise it out of the blinds.