Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 08:17 PM

Default speaking of delayed bluffs...

Is this a proper place for one?
What river do you not bet if any.
villian has tag stats, something like 20/10/1

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets....
Old 10-07-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: speaking of delayed bluffs...

His raising the flop means one of a few thigns

a) he gives you no respect. probaly not very likely

b) he has a mid pocket pair (77-22) or some piece of the board, like a 9, but i think most will 3bet that flop

c) he's got a draw

if c is true, your play maximizes value. if he's got b, then he's not folding to your turn c/r despite it being a very strong move. whenever i can't put my opponent on a hand, and i can get to showdown fairly cheaply i go for it. its interesting, defiently not standard. the river i check call and hope to induce a bluff. i dont really see him folding any A that called the c/r on the turn.

stealthcow-
Old 10-07-2005, 09:06 PM

a delayed bluff is when you call with no hand to bluff on a later street. this hand has nothing to do with delayed bluffing...
i think you played the hand fine and your hand was very likely always good... if you think this guy will bluff desperately with an underpair, then you should prob check the river. if you think he will call Qhigh, you bet.
i wouldnt def call if he raises the river.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:15 PM

oops, thought this was a delayed bluff. Well now i know, but thats besides the point. I would think this would be an auto fold if he raises me on the river, no? unless he was a total lagtard, I don't see how I could ever be good.

How often do you make this sort of play against a TAG?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oops, thought this was a delayed bluff. Well now i know, but thats besides the point. I would think this would be an auto fold if he raises me on the river, no? unless he was a total lagtard, I don't see how I could ever be good.

How often do you make this sort of play against a TAG?

[/ QUOTE ]in the higher limit games i play ppl will not fold to a raise on the river unless they are playiong the board, so its rare for me...in this game ppl raise the river w/ 55, like everytime. they suck.