Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 07:40 PM

Default My CFB Picks (Caution: Homer pick included)

NCAAF record 2-2-0
NFL record 1-3-0

&lt;B&gt;<font color="red">Missouri -5</font> vs Okie St.&lt;/B&gt;
Oklahoma state has arguably stolen the worst team in the Big XII title away from Baylor this year. They are exactly what Mizzou needs after a loss to Texas. I'm not a big fan of Mizzou or their coach but I think Brad Smith will be huge in this game and Mizzou will win going away.

&lt;B&gt;<font color="red">Kansas +5.5</font> vs Kansas St&lt;/B&gt;
K State started the season by not looking impressive against Florida International or Marshall. It handled business against North Texas and then got pounded by a struggling OU in its first real test. KU is a much improved team this year with a good defense. I look for a low scoring battle here with KU keeping it close and very possibly winning.

<font color="red">----- WARNING: Homer Pick Follows --------</font>

&lt;B&gt;Texas Tech vs <font color="red">Nebraska +160</font>&lt;/B&gt;
Last week TT beat KU in there first game this year that wasn't against a high school. KU managed to sack Hodges 5 times during the game and I think Nebraska will do even better than that. Nebraska's D Line has been getting good pressure all year and I think they will force some turnovers forcing Hodges to get rid of the ball to quickly.

Nebraska's offense was horrible in the first 3 games but suddenly looked impressive in game 4 vs ISU. They moved the ball well all day with the exception of a couple of times in the Red Zone where they didn't convert (Missed FG and a Fumble).

Add to that this will be Texas Tech's first road game and the first road game ever for Hodges. He will be walking into an intimidating place to play and the Nebraska fans are psyched to be as much a part of the game as they can be.

I'm taking Nebraska +160 on the moneyline because if I'm going to be a homer, I'm going to be a homer all of the way.