Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 08:48 AM

Default A2s, trips c/r\'ed on a wet board

Hello!
MP1 is 35/1.2/0.7, SB is unknown and BB is very loose (61 vpip) and poor.

Maybe this is a bad spot for PF isolation because of BBs looseness - please comment, but i would like you to focus on the turn.

All responses are very welcome!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero?..
Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: A2s, trips c/r\'ed on a wet board

I would just call the turn check/raise. He's check/raising trapping 3 players and I think the worst hand he'll do that with is trip 2's. He's not likely to have the last remaining 2 given his preflop limp and the fact that there's only one 2 left in the deck.

He's likely to have a flush, sometimes he'll show you 99 or 88. The biggest benefit of 3-betting is the times we're ahead, the turn check/raiser don't hold a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and we fold weaker [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s in the hands of SB and BB (stronger [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s will call). This will not happen all that often and we're not ahead here often IMO.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:20 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

players with .7 postflop aggression factors wake up when they have a hand. i would call realizing that i am likely drawing to 4 outs if behind.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
players with .7 postflop aggression factors wake up when they have a hand. i would call realizing that i am likely drawing to 4 outs if behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
You'll have more than 4 outs on average if behind...
Old 10-06-2005, 10:03 AM

1 deuce
3 nines
3 eights
3 aces
10 cards

sometimes he has a full house and you have less outs.