Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 01:15 AM

Default What\'s the plan here?

Villain is 34/8/1.2.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks,

What the plan here, check behind, bet/call, bet/fold?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: What\'s the plan here?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 34/8/1.2.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks,

What the plan here, check behind, bet/call, bet/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet/call

Donkbets rarely signifiy a legitimate hand. It usually means that the donkbettor has picked up some kind of weak draw. That is read dependent, though.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:45 AM

I think it's close between bet/fold and bet/call. I doubt he'd check-raise with less than a T, but I don't think he'd bet out that turn with any T-hand. Then again, he's also not really afraid of the paired 9 on the board, which I don't like at all. I think I'm leaning towards bet/fold.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:41 AM

Bet...

He will most likely call. That check on the river indicates that he's afraid of of a Straight/Flush not some fancy checkraise play after taking the lead on the turn... he will not checkraise you. He was protecting his hand throughout, and it's unlikely that he improved. I would put him on a Set A kicker, AA or at least AK(best case). Either way i think you should have folded the turn. I don't think there is any point to betting here, as you will not induce a set or AA to fold, but you might get AK to release his hand, which you could have beaten anyway.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Donkbets rarely signifiy a legitimate hand. It usually means that the donkbettor has picked up some kind of weak draw. That is read dependent, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's your interpretation of the donk bet--what draw did the Villian pick up on the turn that didn't hit on the river?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:27 PM

Here is the outcome:

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results below:
SB has Th Qc (straight, king high).
Hero has Ks Qs (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: SB wins 12 BB.

Anybody thinks I should have folded on the turn? What about flop raise, is it standard? Yes, no...maybe?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:21 PM

thread hijack....warning....

listing the villians stats, first number is VPIP, 2nd is PFR, what's the 3rd? bb/100 or aggression factor?

Thanks for the clarification.

And also, which is standard format (VPIP / PFR / AF) or (VPIP / PFR / bb/100)?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 PM

Aggression factor.

VPIP/PFR/AF