Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 06:26 PM

Default 600NL 6-max tough river descision

Folded to me on button I make it 24 with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Both SB and BB call. I have 1000, they both cover, BB has about 4k and seems to be pretty much running over the table, but does not seem to get too out of line. I have seen him make 3 river pushes but none were called.

Flop:9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets 50, I make it 175, they both call.

Turn: 5o

Check, check, check(?)

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB pushes, hero???
Old 10-05-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: 600NL 6-max tough river descision

This looks like a pretty easy call...

The only hands that make sense that beat you here are T9, A9 and TT (AA and 55 and 95 seem VERY improbable), and I'm pretty sure that all of these 3-bet you on this ridiculously draw heavy board, especially with SB calling along, or at least lead the turn.

Villan could be doing this with any 9, (depending on how loose he is PF), or (more likely, I think) with air.

There's about $600 in the pot, and it's $800 to call, and you've shown no strength. Villian shouldn't have any reason to believe that anybody can call this bet (it looks like you're both on busted draws), so I think that a monster is very unlikely.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:21 PM

A9 and T9 are the two hands that I think have you here and I think there are quite a few drawing hands that didn't get there that you obviously beat. Seems like a call mainly because pot is already $600 and you really represented a draw.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:09 PM

i generally find the big overbets to be the nuts usually, but this one feels like a call.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:23 PM

i fold, but Im missing a lot of the information on past hands which gives me the final answer usually...
Old 10-05-2005, 08:29 PM

"He's done it 3 times before."

I'm sorry, but villian has not had the nuts on the river 4 times since you've been at the table. 1 or more has been a bluff, and I can't imagine that any of the others could look like a better spot to bluff than now.

call his ass, and take the pot. Set or 2 pair either 3 bets flop, or CRs all in on turn. I love the turn check though.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:51 PM

OK I'm glad my thinking was not too far off line. I think this villain re-raises AA so Im not worried about that. 1010 is a possibility but I think he either re-raises flop or leads the turn. Basically I felt QJs was a possibity as well as A 10 or AK. I did not think there was anyway he could put me on a 9, and I don't think he did (I'm not sure what he put me on actually, AK i guess). I felt he really just thought I was continuation betting/bluffing at the flop or that I missed spades alltogether as I had not really shown that much strength and he could take it down.

Anyway, I called and he showed 10 9o to win the pot
Old 10-05-2005, 10:00 PM

how much did sb have behind? if sb had like 3k behind this is the easiest fold ever (because then bb pushed for effectively 5x pot- he didnt know the sb was folding for SURE). I think this matters a lot in the decision i'd make... its not like the SB open folded. if sb had 1k or less left... i'd lean towards a call, but very cautiously- many people will play AK like you did... AND CALL with it on the river, therefore BB would need to know u were good enough to fold a hand, AND feel like it was very probable that SB didnt have much, AND be capable of making large (1.5 buyin) bluffs. Remember i said i thought this was a call... just a very close one, and only if the bb is either a very good player, or a complete idiot (running ridiculously hot). An average player running semi-hot i wouldnt expect to bluff here.

-last part might get confusing, but i think it would be the most important part of my decision
Old 10-05-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB has about 4k and seems to be pretty much running over the table

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have seen him make 3 river pushes but none were called.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an easy call.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:49 PM

It's a lot easier when you've already posted the answer.

I made this same play yesterday, so it's been on my mind. I think the key is "check to the raiser". Exception: "big hand leads". So, when BB leads you've got to give him credit for a set or at least two pair. When you raise and SB calls he's got to think he's up against a draw, but he could be behind one of you. When SB checks the turn he puts him on a draw and is wondering about you, so now he checks to the raiser and can't believe his good fortune when you check behind. That put you on a draw.

So now it all comes together.

Next time don't raise the flop on the come and be sure you give some thought as to why someone leads the flop into the raiser.