Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Widescreen Monitors--has it helped your game? (LC)

Flame blocker: If this is the wrong forum for this post, I apologize. If this post offended your sensibilities in any way, I apologize.

I'm curious to hear if anyone has noticed an improvement in their game once they switched from a standard monitor to a widescreen monitor. Did it make a difference? Anecdotal evidence will suffice.

With my old monitor I couldn't really fit 3 tables onto the screen without the screen cutting off players and/or important things to see (chip stacks, call/raise buttons, etc). 4 tables were completely unworkable and annoying to manage.

Now that I just plugged in my Dell widescreen monitor I can fit 4 tables at once without any meaningful cut-off of images.

Has anyone experienced a change in their game (positive or negative) once they made a similar switch?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Widescreen Monitors--has it helped your game? (LC)

is there any way to re-size the poker windows to fit on the screen?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:27 PM

No or minimal overlap in +EV but you don't need widescreen to accomplish this. IMO the best thing about the wide screen compared to a 2001FP for example is that you can play two tables and surf the net or do other things on the side without making the internet window too small.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:31 PM

I bought a 24" widescreen a couple of months ago and although it hasn't improved my game (duh!) I can't live without anymore. It's nice when it fits 4 tables without overlap. I do not play 4 tables at once though, but I could! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there any way to re-size the poker windows to fit on the screen?

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally, no. But there are sites that support some sort of miniview.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought a 24" widescreen a couple of months ago and although it hasn't improved my game (duh!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess I was thinking of how a widescreen can cut down on the [potential] mistakes one could make when juggling multi-tables on a small screen and how it REALLY brings out the clarity of bet amounts, card colors, etc.

I wasn't suggesting that a screen could make you a better player. Although, who knows.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 03:12 PM

lol OK I get the point.

When playing 4 tables at a widescreen it is far more relaxing when you don't have overlap and can see all your table at once. Tables pushing themselfs before other tables because they need action: I got crazy! So, in a way, yes, I think it improves your game!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:43 PM

I got my Dell 2001fp and was very happy. But later I went without for a weekend. I felt like a crack addict. I could not imagine playing online without it.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:25 PM

The overlap is pretty minimal, but it is there. I don't know about seeing brighter more clear colors...

Ill try to post a screenshot later if possible. This has been covered in the internet gambling forum quite a bit. Search for posts concerning whatever the name of the widescreen dell is (i think it's 2405 fp ?)