Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 08:49 PM

Default CAL vs. UCLA Sat. 10/8

Two good Pac-10 teams meet in LA, line is currently UCLA -2.

I'm wondering if anyone has any opinion on this game. I'm a huge cal homer and love the opportunity to take the points, but I don't really know anything about UCLA beyond Maurice Drew. Cal has one of the best running games in College FB this year and Ayoob has looked good in his last couple games.

At first glance it seems to me like Cal should be the favorite here, as they almost beat USC in LA last year and are undefeated over the last two years save for said USC game and their Bowl loss to a great passing team in Texas Tech.

Someone who knows more about UCLA please correct me if there is no value in this.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: CAL vs. UCLA Sat. 10/8

[ QUOTE ]

At first glance it seems to me like Cal should be the favorite here, as they almost beat USC in LA last year and are undefeated over the last two years save for said USC game and their Bowl loss to a great passing team in Texas Tech

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you can say cal should be a favorite because of last year's performance against a completely different team. especially after losing your QB and running back. i'm not saying cal shouldn't be a favorite, but i don't think those reasons are valid.

i don't know much about the cal team, but ucla has always been extremely inconsistent. they are definitely improved, but i don't know about their ranking. they've played 2 bad teams to start the season, an extremely overated oaklahoma team in LA, and struggled against the worst team in the pac10 (washington).

i think it is a tough game to bet on because the bruins are playing at home, and have shown signs of being an excellent team. but we've always fell apart mid-season, so i don't know if this will be the year we push through it or collapse again.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: CAL vs. UCLA Sat. 10/8

No opinion yet but early money is on Cal, line at 1.5 now.