Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 AM

Default A little SC-hand.

Villian is 25/10 after 50-ish hands. I haven't noticed him post-flop. Heros image is TAG as usual. Don't think I have shown down a hand yet. Effective stacks $200.

Party NL200 Full ring.

Pre-flop

Folded to hero in hijack who makes it $8 w/ 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Villian calls on the button.

Flop ($18) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Hero bets $16, villian calls.

Turn ($47) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Hero bets $42, villian min.raises, Hero....?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: A little SC-hand.

Tricky hand, what would villian cold-call with here and call the flop, and min/raise on the turn with? Either 55, or 88? Given you have a TAG image he must then assume you have a high pocket pair... given that he is paying attention to your image of course. I think this may be weak, but given villians stats which are not out of line, I don't think he'd make this move with a pair of 9's/T's etc... although I may be wrong? I think I fold... if not then I'd re-raise him for sure, being OOP for the river I want us pot committed on the turn if I'm going all the way with this if I believe I'm way ahead... but I give him credit for the boat, the min-raise on the turn is a move I see a lot with sets/full houses.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:03 PM

Given his stats, we can't exclude a hand like A 4s completely.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given his stats, we can't exclude a hand like A 4s completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods* Question is do you just call here and valuebet the river, call down or push the turn?
Old 10-03-2005, 12:37 PM

Call and reevaluate on the river. If it blanks, maybe c/r?
Old 10-03-2005, 12:45 PM

Hey Mr. Totte,

I don't think this is a great spot for a 3 bet because you certainly don't want to blow Villain off his hand. The pair on the board is somewhat troubling, but with so much money in the pot already if he has you beat, he has you beat. I think Villain could easily be smooth calling with a high pocket pair and trapping here. I like Orange's suggestion of smooth calling and then checkraising all in on the river. A stop and go push is also an option, if he does have a high pair it will be very tough for him to get away from it with the amount of money in the pot.

I will now try to finish my paper which is due in an hour and fifteen minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 01:09 PM

i call, and check/call the river.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:14 PM

Call and move in on the river if not a 4, 5 or 8 hits the board. If it does - you check and folds if he pushes.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:12 PM

I'm counting 17 cards that will make you sick to your stomach on the river - 2 4's, 3 5's, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s, and 3 8's. So contrary to what everyone is saying, I 3-bet the turn and am satisfied to take it down on the spot... and since any re-raise will leave you with practically nothing behind, 3-bet all-in. I don't think Villain is folding trips/higher overpairs here, and something like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] might come along for the ride as well.

And no, I'm not folding here. If he's got a boat, reload and try again.

Kirk
Old 10-03-2005, 02:15 PM

I really prefer a 3-bet all in before a call. As previous poster said, there are alot of cards I won't like on the river. Villian will surely call with a slowplayed AA-KK, maybe QQ and definately with any 4.