Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 01:00 AM

Default 3 complaints about the Stars Bahamas satellites

1. $3,000 for hotel and food? Are you f'ing kidding me? Is this Party Poker?
2. In the double shootouts, 5-9 get nothing, 4th gets 65, and 2-3 get 650. Of course I just spent 3.5 hours playing one and just finished in 5th.
3. The weekly 650s are on Saturday instead of Sunday. That blows IMO. I don't want to waste part of my saturday night just ot bust on the bubble.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: 3 complaints about the Stars Bahamas satellites

[ QUOTE ]
2. In the double shootouts, 5-9 get nothing, 4th gets 65, and 2-3 get 650. Of course I just spent 3.5 hours playing one and just finished in 5th.
3. The weekly 650s are on Saturday instead of Sunday. That blows IMO. I don't want to waste part of my saturday night just ot bust on the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Hotel is included.. 7 nights, then you get 1000 for food.
2. What's wrong with the payouts? they're just keeping the buyins for the sats as low as they can without getting too ridiculous w/ the top heaviness. Top 3 is fine to me.
3. yea, saturday is a bit gay.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeseburgers cost $20 and the breakfast buffet was $35. 1k for food might not be enough for 2 people. I just did a search for prices for that week, the cheapest is 2665.

I agree with exit on the rest of the stuff.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:04 AM

I hear ya.. but I still really really want to take a shot at this, seems like there is no "easy" way to get in obviously, but the 165 shootout seems like the most reasonable.. Now to get my BR up to take shots at it.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeseburgers cost $20 and the breakfast buffet was $35. 1k for food might not be enough for 2 people. I just did a search for prices for that week, the cheapest is 2665.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read over the terms and conditions.. do they give you $2000 and you reserve your own room? or is it just that they estimate the value of the 7 days as $2000. The way they phrase it sounds like that's just the value they put on it.... but you would know, being that you went last year.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:08 AM

Atlantis room rates and food prices are rediculously expensive. Check out their rates on the website.. $2000 is a bargain for 7 nights (well, compared to the posted rates anyway).

Food is stupid expensive as well, although with the standard meal plan Stars is offering this time you're going to be stuck with really expensive crappy food. I probably spent close to $1000 on food for 2 last time, and that even included swiping lots of snacks from the poker room [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If this was Party it would be $5000 for room and food.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. What's wrong with the payouts? they're just keeping the buyins for the sats as low as they can without getting too ridiculous w/ the top heaviness. Top 3 is fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone at the final table should get something. There is 1365 to go around, so they could give 2-9 about $170 each.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hear ya.. but I still really really want to take a shot at this, seems like there is no "easy" way to get in obviously, but the 165 shootout seems like the most reasonable.. Now to get my BR up to take shots at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The $33r I played was donkolicious. I finished 2nd my first try, to a TOTAL donk (bad run of cards).
Old 10-03-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone at the final table should get something. There is 1365 to go around, so they could give 2-9 about $170 each.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the only way you profit is to win it? I'd rather have the $600 for 2-3 than 170 for everyone.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read over the terms and conditions.. do they give you $2000 and you reserve your own room? or is it just that they estimate the value of the 7 days as $2000. The way they phrase it sounds like that's just the value they put on it.... but you would know, being that you went last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a block of rooms for the week, you get one from said block. Pray you don't stay in the room I was in last year. I was literally the farthest point from the poker room in the resort. Beach tower, 14th floor, last room. Was at least a 1 mile walk every day.