Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 02:45 PM

Default wtf w/ KQ

just sat down, no reads. been getting killed past few days so i dropped down and the slaughter has been even worse here. do you raise this to try and knock out the field, call or even just fold it? the pot is 5BB already when it gets to me on the flop....

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: kfly is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">kfly raises</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, kfly...
Old 10-02-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: wtf w/ KQ

I like folding here. Not closing the action + chance of getting outdrawn if you hit + noninsignicant chance of drawing to runner-runner.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:06 PM

I must admit that a raise is tempting, as it follows on nicely from your preflop raise, suggests that you have a high overpair and might be able to fold out MP,CO and SB.

Also BB was probably betting with either top pair or a straight draw, and a raise might buy you a free card on the turn if you need it.

I certainly think that you have the odds to call the flop bet, but a raise seems to improve your chances of winning.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:12 PM

I let this go the first time. But if he keeps betting into PFR (especially on ragged flops and ace flops), then I start looking for raising opportunities.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:28 PM

I'd raise. Calling is correct due to pot odds. But raising is far better as it increases the chances of getting the pot heads-up and/or buying a free card.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise. Calling is correct due to pot odds. But raising is far better as it increases the chances of getting the pot heads-up and/or buying a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or are the pot odds not there? You're getting 11-1 but I guess you're assuming that all 6 outs are actually good. If you only count half your overcards as outs you're falling short of having the odds to call.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or are the pot odds not there? You're getting 11-1 but I guess you're assuming that all 6 outs are actually good. If you only count half your overcards as outs you're falling short of having the odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think someone is in there with K8/K7/K4/Q8/Q7/Q4??

I like raising also, because you might also get a free card turn, plus you make people with gutshots pay more.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:52 PM

So we haven't got a read on BB? Not even basic PT stats? VPIP/PFR/AF?

I think i just call, BB betting into a preflop raise is bit wierd so its read dependant.

He could have anything from TP, Set, Two pair. You're probably behind but trying to establish what your behind is the fun bit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

A fold i think is weak, the pot is 10SB and you have OC's which may take you ahead.

Raise or call.

Raise - Knock out the field, Seeif BB 3bets(To which you may want to fold).

Call - keep the field, See what BB Does on the turn/If you hit.

I think i raise and see if BB 3bets.
POKhER.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think someone is in there with K8/K7/K4/Q8/Q7/Q4??

I like raising also, because you might also get a free card turn, plus you make people with gutshots pay more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play low limit holdem on the internet? I've seen all of those hands in raised pots and I play at full tables. I imagine that you'd see far more junk in 6 max.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play low limit holdem on the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lmfao, That made me chuckle!!

Its not the fact someone may also have a King+raggy pair...

its the fact someone may have folded Kx preflop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Don't assume all the kings are in the deck.

Discounting is a MUST.