Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 10:17 AM

Default A good trifecta is just so satisfying!

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below:
Hero has 3d Jd (two pair, jacks and threes).
BB has Kh As (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: A good trifecta is just so satisfying!

Are the post nazis up this early?

Old 10-01-2005, 10:44 AM

I don't understand this at all. I never play 6max but the complete from SB seems questionable to me. And why raise the flop? Crazyness. It's because of people like you that I never play 6max [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]. I think capping the turn may have been in order because you'd definately get a call there and checkin the river you won't necessarily get the opportunity to raise it.

Anyway, having said that I don't think real analysis of the hand is what you were after here, was it? You just wanted to show that you check-raised 3 times in a row which is pretty rare. Nice one.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:31 PM

I prefer folding this, but if I absolutely HAD to play that hand, open-raising is much better than open-completing

I'm confused about the flop play, why C/R instead of lead? I'm gonna try to push my opponent out of this hand rather than commit him into seeing another card.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer folding this, but if I absolutely HAD to play that hand, open-raising is much better than open-completing

I'm confused about the flop play, why C/R instead of lead? I'm gonna try to push my opponent out of this hand rather than commit him into seeing another card.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're right, it seems as if he he played this hand poorly. mind you i don't play 6-max, but open completing is weak. i hear 6-max is about cranking the aggression up.

the only way i can see his flop line as being correct is against an ultra-lag that will bet any and every flop. some lags get scared and back down to a c/r on the flop if you open-raise pf. a 3-bet would somewhat indicate he hit something or has a little something-something in the hole.

capping the turn and leading out the river in this hand is clearly better, too...but trifectas are all about the ego satisfying anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 02:46 PM

If the BB is very Passive, i see no problem with limping with this.. but why c/r.. why not bet out and see where you stand
Old 10-01-2005, 02:51 PM

I don't like weak-leading into the PF raiser in most cases, so I like the flop C/R. With his 3-bet I figure him for AX, so I also like the turn C/R. I probably would have capped the turn and lead the river, although I know trifectas are cute and all.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer folding this, but if I absolutely HAD to play that hand, open-raising is much better than open-completing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're better than villain postflop and he's not that aggressive, open-limping is fine.

But I bet out on lots of flops when I open-limp.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the post nazis up this early?

[/ QUOTE ]

While the original intent of this post meant that it was doomed to be locked for not being put in the No Content Thread, I'm going to let it live since some discussion about open completing has sprung out of it.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:46 PM

Invariably a discussion that has some redeemable qualities usually makes a thread like this worth SOMETHING.

As I have said many times, I think this forum does a pretty decent job of moding itself.