Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Posted in MP3 got 88

Anyone reraise preflop? I would've raised if this was party poker, or if I had pocket 9s, but I was a little worried doing it with 8s on crypto 2/4, EP raises are usually big hands here. Crying river call?

Cryptologic 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Posted in MP3 got 88

I'm definetly three beting PF. Though he may be raising with big hands, that doesn't always mean AA-JJ ya know. I don't see the point of raising the turn if you aren't raising the river, nothing has changed on the river, you still have 4's over 8's, be that as it is, I don't see how the third 4 changes your hand given his three bet on the flop, so I'm not really enamored with a turn raise
Old 09-28-2005, 01:51 PM

A lone 6 beats me on the river while it doesn't on the turn...
Old 09-28-2005, 01:55 PM

I really hate the PF smooth-call. There are just soooooo many great reasons to raise here. Furthermore, if you don't have a read to 3-bet then I'm guessing you didn't have reads to think that 3 out of 4 players left to act were going to call 2 cold and even then you probably want all 4 and what if one of them would've 3-bet (especially the CO/Button).

I probably make this call on the river too - and it's probably a small leak. But looking at it from the outside I really don't see what he's betting that you're ahead of. It's probably 50/50 that he's donking to win the pot vs. leading because he realizes his 6's full just counterfeited your weaker full house with your overpair.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:47 PM

3-bet pre-flop.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate the PF smooth-call. There are just soooooo many great reasons to raise here. Furthermore, if you don't have a read to 3-bet then I'm guessing you didn't have reads to think that 3 out of 4 players left to act were going to call 2 cold and even then you probably want all 4 and what if one of them would've 3-bet (especially the CO/Button).

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't fold, he posted a blind.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't fold, he posted a blind.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's been raised. And even if it wasn't he, technically, could still fold.(EDIT: Unless there's something weird about Crypto's software - I don't play there.)
Old 09-28-2005, 03:01 PM

yeah, echoing others i 3-bet PRF.

and yes i make the crying call on the river. i've seen straight/flush draws continue to bet scare cards too. pot is big.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:05 PM

Once you get to the river I think you have to call. I guess I don't really get the turn raise though, the pot is so big that you are not folding a hand like AK or a hand that beats you, and given the action I think you are up against a big overpair a vast majority of the time.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lone 6 beats me on the river while it doesn't on the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, but lets logically think at to how that 6 can hurt you. YOu said that the villian raises with good hands, so how does the 6 change anything, it doesn't