Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:00 PM

Default LAG 3-bets your QQ preflop

Hero has QQ.

3 folds, Hero raises, 40/20/2.5 LAG 3-bets, all fold, Hero calls (who caps here?).

Flop A74r.

Question is, does a 40/20 LAG 3-bet enough hands lower than QQ and not containing an Ace, to make Check/Folding not the best option? Hero is getting about 2.5:1 odds to call down from the flop.

Representing an Ace on the flop will be costly against this type of player, as they will raise with anything that they 3-bet preflop.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: LAG 3-bets your QQ preflop

Cap pre-flop. I don't mind just calling the 3-bet with AA though.

the way you played it, i will just call all the way down and hope he turns over something like 99 or TT.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:33 PM

Cap preflop. Treat it as WA/WB postflop. I'm not folding to the type of player you describe.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:55 PM

This situation came up twice in two orbits, against the same player. I called them down, treating them as WA/WB. 1st time I hit a Q on the river and second time I lost to AK. I was called a fish for chasing 2 outers.

Even though the table talkers were muppets, I wanted to check that whether a flop fold was best. Of course, calling down is only correct if I think this guy 3-bets as low as 88 or QJs. My read may have been wrong against this opponent.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:07 PM

Check call down
Old 09-28-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, calling down is only correct if I think this guy 3-bets as low as 88 or QJs. My read may have been wrong against this opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Typically a 20%PFR means that he's raising everything a TAG would play and he's 3-betting pretty much everything a TAG would raise.

I generally relax my capping hands here a bit and cap with stuff like AQo and TT and so I have to cap w/ QQ as well.

And the way you played it, I think you have to play it as WA/WB. Folding is just going to encourage this guy to take shots at you. Even if you'd lost both the hands you talk about, it's not enough of a sample to change your play. If you only win 1/3 of your hands in this situation (after the flop), you'll be making a profit.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 PM

I think you have to cap it here. Then check call down. He is an action player and as such I think you have to look him up here.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:50 PM

Cap preflop!

Lead flop then call down if LAG raises.