Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Falcons: Weekly Analysis (Big opportunity here)

Falcons play at home against the Vikings. The spread currently is 5 1/2 or 6.

On the Falcons side, they look to be almost completely healthy, for the first time in the last 3 weeks.
On the other hand, the Vikings are decimated, particularly on defense. They've lost their starting safety (and special teams leader), Sharper is banged up and didn't play last week and both starting defensive ends will be out. Burleson is also injured.

I watched the Vikings/Saints game. In essence, Saints shot themselves in the foot from the opening kickoff, which they fumbled. The Saints committed another crucial turnover and were called for penalties on numerous key plays. Aaron Brooks looked terrible, but their penalties put them in tough spots. Despite this, the game was actually close (8 pts) in the 3rd quarter.

The Vikings running attack is weak at best. Mewelde Moore runs about as good as Justin Griffith (Falcons fullback). They have big play ability with Williamson and Culpepper, but I can't see them exploiting the Falcons secondary too badly as long as Webster is healthy (which he is expected to be).

Another note: Deuce McCalister simply is not a good running back anymore. He rarely breaks tackles and seems slow.

The biggest threat the Saints had was their TE, Cromwell. Expect Alge Crumpler to have a very big game against the Vikings.

Vick should pretty much be able to do whatever he wants against this depleted defense, and Culpepper without Moss and Burlson simply isn't the same guy.

Falcons win at home by 20 or more.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Falcons: Weekly Analysis (Big opportunity here)

Toast, I guess it's safe to say you predict my taking a 1 unit bath (deluge?) on Minny +6.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:11 PM

Are all of the Falcons DB's getting healthy this week?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like it. Although keep in mind we lost Mathis our nickle corner for the year after the Philly game. He was a valuable player, but we think we have that position covered with the acquisition of Chris Cash, as well as Rossum and Christian Morton. Webster, our "other" starting corner, was hurt against Buffalo (and he has a history of being hurt) should be back. DeAngelo Hall was hurt in Buffalo, but he came back and played. As of right now, both should start as well as Brady Smith, starting DE, who is key to the Falcons pash rush and run defense. We should know more for sure after practice on Wednesday. Overall, relative to the Vikings, and many other teams in the league, I think the Falcons are in pretty good health-wise.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toast, I guess it's safe to say you predict my taking a 1 unit bath (deluge?) on Minny +6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. By the way, I play all your picks (that I catch in time) unless you pick against the Falcons. I will, however, bet ON the Falcons in the right situation. This week may be one of them. Last week, I played them in a teaser with Philly -- and won.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:12 PM

Considering how down you were on the Falcons health situation at game time Sunday versus their performance during, I'll take it as a good sign you're up on the Falcs injury advantage over the Vikes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering how down you were on the Falcons health situation at game time Sunday versus their performance during, I'll take it as a good sign you're up on the Falcs injury advantage over the Vikes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that I didn't think their health would tremendously hurt their chances of winning the game or covering; rather, I said that 35.5 was way too low for the over/under. I was very correct about that and did indeed capitialize on it in a pretty big way.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that I didn't think their health would tremendously hurt their chances of winning the game or covering; rather, I said that 35.5 was way too low for the over/under. I was very correct about that and did indeed capitialize on it in a pretty big way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noted, and well done.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like it. Although keep in mind we lost Mathis our nickle corner for the year after the Philly game. He was a valuable player, but we think we have that position covered with the acquisition of Chris Cash, as well as Rossum and Christian Morton. Webster, our "other" starting corner, was hurt against Buffalo (and he has a history of being hurt) should be back. DeAngelo Hall was hurt in Buffalo, but he came back and played. As of right now, both should start as well as Brady Smith, starting DE, who is key to the Falcons pash rush and run defense. We should know more for sure after practice on Wednesday. Overall, relative to the Vikings, and many other teams in the league, I think the Falcons are in pretty good health-wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

because youre typing "we" and "our" in every other sentence as if your making these decisions with Jim Mora Jr. makes me question your bias to this game..

PS i am drunk tho

gl though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Falcons: Weekly Analysis (Big opportunity here).

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] nah

he makes the decisions:

jim mora just listens;

lol

i wuz impressed that the falcs won at buff

might be worth a peso or so

nice thread

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]