Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 05:39 PM

Default 500K Sunday Guaranteed early hand

I have 2100ish ealy in the 2nd level (10/20)- I have been pretty LAGGISH for anyone paying attention. BB has 1600ish, and I have noticed his LAG tendencies as well.

Folded to me in the CO w/8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I raise to 65. BB is the only caller. Pot is 140, the flop is:

2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, I make my standard 2/3rds (T95) pot bet, and am min-check/raised- your move and plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: 500K Sunday Guaranteed early hand

Hero calls.

If he has 2 big diamonds he knows that he is ahead in the hand and will not throw down. After the turn you are likely ahead if its not a diamond and I'd be looking to win the hand there.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:48 PM

I call and reevaluate on the turn based on his bet and the "scariness" of the turn card.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call and reevaluate on the turn based on his bet and the "scariness" of the turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the majority of the turn cards (any diamond, any overcard) are scary. Anyone like reraising? If I'm losing, I have 2 outs. If I'm winning, LAG is likely to take advantage of any scare card, and I still won't know where I am.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also call given your overpair to the board and position on a caller you have read as LAG. This puts the pressure on him to define his hand appropriately with a bet. And, if he tries to CR you again, you can take a free card for your set and play the hand again on the river.

Do you have him on a range? I can see him making this play with AK-A10, KQ-K10, or some combination of top pair, trying to scare you off/test you. Yes, there's a chance he has an overpair to you, but it's less likely if he only called from the BB.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:23 PM

I'm not reraising the flop because villain should push with the two over diamonds. Your not going to know where you are at anywhere in this hand. The good news is he won't either.

I call the flop, and bet/raise any non-ace non-diamond.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I'd say the majority of the turn cards (any diamond, any overcard) are scary. Anyone like reraising? If I'm losing, I have 2 outs. If I'm winning, LAG is likely to take advantage of any scare card, and I still won't know where I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. Not every card is a scare card. Most offsuit face cards are relatively safe, although they feel less safe the higher they are. I don't know if that is based on anything real, or just psychological. ie, a jack of spades is a better card than the king of spades, but both arent too bad.