Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:23 PM

Default KK Should I have folded?

$1-2 limit I am in the CO Absolute Poker. I couldnt get the hand converter to work but.... here it goes:

UTG+1 is a typical player sees about 20% or less hands probabaly raises about avg maybe 6% seems fair to good as a player:

I am in the cut off and dealt KsKd:

UTG+1 raises to $2
MP1 calls
Hero reraise to $3
both UTG + 1 and MP1 call:

FLOP [8d,Qh,9d]
UTG+1 bets $1
MP1 folds
Hero raises to $2

I think I am probably ahead here. There are only a few hands that beat me: AA, 88, 99, QQ, JT but board has has good straight possiblities. I think he would have reraised with AA or QQ pre flop but not 88-99 or JT ( dont think he would play JT UTG+1 but maybe) so I think I am ahead.

TURN [10c]:

Athough I called here I think maybe I should have folded:
In addition to the hands that beat me on the flop I need to add AJ, JJ, TT, all hands that he would raise UTG+1 but maybe not cap. I think I may be behind now.

UTG+1 bets $2
Hero calls

RIVER [As]
UTG+1 bets $2
Hero Calls

this is even worse because in addtion to the hands that can beat me on the turn I need to add all the Ax stuff like AK,AQ etc but I still called.

So when should I have gotten out or should I have called down?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: KK Should I have folded?

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is a typical player sees about 20% or less hands probabaly raises about avg maybe 6% seems fair to good as a player:

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't call 20/6 "typical," I call it tight-neutral. How's his postflop aggression?

I like the flop, especially if he's a little weak postflop.

On the turn, if I'm counting correctly, you're getting around 8:1 to call, and you've got outs to two-pair that might counterfeit his QT, etc, plus dirty outs to a straight. I'm ok with a call. (Oops...did he call your flop raise and then donk-bet you on the turn? That doesn't make me so happy.)

Even if he's aggressive as all get-out posflop, I don't see anything that you're beating on this river. Fold there, if not the turn (but only fold the turn if you have a good read that Villan is passive postflop).
Old 09-26-2005, 01:45 PM

(grunching)

Is this short-handed? I don't see a VPIP~20 raiseing pf with JT. Maybe suited, if short-handed. How many players?

Turn is raise/fold. Do you have the best hand? Bet it. I'm leaning towards fold. After your pre-flop 3-bet, he bet into you on the flop. After your flop raise, he bet into you on the turn. After your turn call, he bet into you on the river. How much money are you willing to give to this TAG?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:47 PM

It's rarely correct to fold a decent hand on the river for one bet in a biggish pot, but that would be the best play here. Your hand has ~0% chance of being good here.