Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 10:26 PM

Default PT stats displayed for 6-m

Currently, I use vp$ip, I find that most effective for determing whether they are calling stations.

discuss what else is necessary.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: PT stats displayed for 6-m

I always display VP$IP/PFR/AGG/#HANDS /Folded to flop raise/Flop aggression/Went to SD/Win @ SD.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:15 PM

I find VP$IP forms the basis for a great deat of my PT stat related play, but I always have showing also:

PFR% - Useful to know see this one at a a glance, I think. a Pre flop raise from a <2% raiser is to be respected IMHO, I will probably fold. with a PFR of 15%, well their raising hand range must be somewhat wider than AA / KK / AKs.

Total Hands - I always display this, so as to give some credability to the other displayed stats. I have PA Hud display stats after only 10 hands recorded - this is nowhere near enough for a good read obviously, but kinda useful for example if their VP$IP is 80% after only 15 hands, this is worth knowing. For anything other than VP$IP, with only a small number of hands on someone, it is important to know not to place a great deal of faith in any stats.

Total Aggression - Useful to a point, but a bit hard to interpret. Loads of hands and it's quite useful deciding if someone will bet wiht air / draws. I am currently trying to get used to PA HUD's new "Aggresion Frequency" Stat, which seems better, but time will tell. Most useful when you hold a monster and plan to C/R, or C/R all-in - a highly aggro player can be counted on to bet if you check to them, most of the time.

WTSD - Went To ShowDown, the best identifier of a calling station. This, when compared to VP$IP, gives a great indicator of how far a player takes their hand - the closer to VP$IP, the less it is worth a bluff, the greater the difference, the more likely they are to fold marginal hands to aggression. This stat relies on a good number of hands to be worthwhile.

These are the stats I use most often during play, currently @ $100NL. I play Full ring mostly, but dabble in six max 1/4 of the time. I find stats to be similarly useful for both full ring & six max, although it must be noted that the numbers need to be suitably inflated at 6 max to define fishy play. For example, I consider 10% VP$IP @-10 max as tight, 20%-30% slightly loose, >40% fish. But in 6-max, 10% VP$IP is begging to be run over, 18-25% probably solid, >30% slightly loose, >50% fish.

Others probably have better ranges for 6-max, I am not g00t at 6 max.

Which HUD are you using Maulik? If It is not PA-HUD, give it a try. New kid on the block, but absolutely superb compared to GT+ or PV.

Dave.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:23 PM

How do you get PT to display stats during the game? Is there anyway to get it to upload there stats into the "player notes" section in their player tab?

Or do you just have to search?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get PT to display stats during the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Download and install the "PokerAce Heads Up Display", PA-HUD.

2+2 thread on the latest version here
Old 09-25-2005, 12:15 AM

Dave thanks for the explanation on everything, I'm using PAHud.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 08:46 AM

Yeah, PA-hud pwns like hell.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:57 AM

I'm really loving WTSD now.

Find a dude with 50+% VPIP and 30+% WTSD and you're in the money.