Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Bullying gone wrong at the 11s?

Do these kinds of moves work at all at the 11s or should I save them for when I move up in levels? I've been pushing pretty much and I just bursted the bubble by busting a player, but I've never shown any crap hands, always at least medium aces and other decent holdings. With the small stack getting hit by the BB for half his stack next hand I figured that this would be an excellent time to steal since BB shouldn't call unless he has a really big hand. This, of course, requires that BB actually understands that. Am I risking my chiplead here unnecessarily?

There is no small blind in this hand because of the elimination last hand. Yet another reason not to push?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed) converter

BB (t2370)
CO (t1040)
Hero (t4590)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, Hero pushes.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Bullying gone wrong at the 11s?

There is very little reason to push this. Once you're ITM, people call with everything. And do those 400 chips really mean that much?
Old 09-23-2005, 09:48 PM

I push this with the quickness. You can't bust here, and the BB will likely want to let the small stack bust out first.

You're very close to where you can bully your opponents like it's your job. Pushing here gets you one step closer. I'd say push another hand after this and you're off to the races.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And do those 400 chips really mean that much?

[/ QUOTE ]

600. And if 45 chips is worth 5% to the ROI, just think what 600 is worth! <font color="white">Relax, I'm kidding. But 5% still has to be way off. </font>
Old 09-24-2005, 02:38 AM

This is so wrong. In my experience over 1500 or so 22$ tournaments the BB will generally not call you with crap here. Unless one has reason to believe BB is unreasonably loose i push this immidiately. Only reason i MIGHT not push is if i had pushed into him the last 2-3 orbits.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:12 AM

Well, he IS sitting directly to my left and we were 4-handed for a while, so I think it's safe to say I've pushed into him once or twice the last orbits [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I still don't think he will call with something really crazy like KTo here though. Most of you probably realize that he did call here and with a much lesser hand than I thought, but still.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:15 AM

If he has KTo, he should autocall, because you are pushing a very wide range...
Old 09-24-2005, 03:25 AM

Hmm, I thought the whole point with the push was that he wouldn't call with those kind of hands here? KTo is not exactly a monster even if I am pushing a wide range here, which I'm not so sure he knows I am. In that case my push must be pretty horrible?