Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 08:40 AM

Default 15-30NL HU - Fishing on the Prima Network

Hero Stack 3k
villian 4k

First time playing with Villian. So i really dont have much of a read. I have picked up that he will see a flop with any two cards no matter what the raise was. So I have spent most of my time raise big with good cards and watching him fold to a flop bet.

I pick up 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. He limps and i rasie it up to 80. He calls

Pot(160) Flop k [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he checks and i bet 100 as i would every time i raise. He calls

Pot(360)A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Werid card. But it does give me some decent draws. Whats your line here?

He leads for 360. Who calls this bet? I have a inside striagh draw and a spade draw. If i hit i know he will pay me.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: 15-30NL HU - Fishing on the Prima Network

[ QUOTE ]
Hero Stack 3k
villian 4k

First time playing with Villian. So i really dont have much of a read. I have picked up that he will see a flop with any two cards no matter what the raise was. So I have spent most of my time raise big with good cards and watching him fold to a flop bet.

I pick up 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. He limps and i rasie it up to 80. He calls

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Is Prima backwards too? SB is out of position heads-up? that's annoying

2) If the guy will see a flop no matter what, why are you raising with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

I 'mix it up' as much as the next guy, but you don't really need to do that if the guy is seeing every flop -- it's not as if you need to build up your hand range here. He's going to see every flop.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:51 AM

If you're gonna baby raise preflop, wait for a hand a little better than 25. Just check the flop. A few things to consider is what range of hands does he limp with (would he limp JT), that makes some of your outs tainted, you could be drawing dead though not likely, or you could be drawing to 8 outs. Also keep in mind you MIGHT not get paid off even though you think you will since it is a "disguised draw". It's not really disguised since he should be able to figure out you bet flop with nothing, then called a bet once you picked up a draw, so it's not like you called a flop bet with a straight draw THEN picked up a flush draw that isn't obvious....you bet flop with or without something, then CALLED once the 2nd flush card came in=not disguised. Furthermore, He could have something like QT and simply not pay you off on river, thinking his hand might be good now, and if not, he's making an okay semibluff. With all that said...check preflop and fold turn.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:07 AM

This just seem so ABC to me. I have a nice draw and the only hand that really has me in bad shape is J10. Villian is capble of having any two cards ex 57o or 98s. If i give up to every bet when i dont hit, i will get ran over. if he bet 360, he will follow that bet up on the river. Next step of the hand. I call and off comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Whats your line now? villian checks
Old 09-23-2005, 09:17 AM

bet 3/4 pot but it really depends on how game was running (lots of pot bets, etc).
Old 09-23-2005, 09:30 AM

Of course you call. All your draws are pretty well hidden.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:35 AM

the raise PF is bad... raising every pot PF is only good against the absolute worst HU NL players... sounds like this guy prob isnt that if he can checkcall/lead with any two cards...
turn call is obvious.
bet 800 on the end.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you call. All your draws are pretty well hidden.

[/ QUOTE ]
only well hidden draw is the 4
Old 09-23-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call and off comes the 8 Whats your line now? villian checks

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is calling with any two, check and show him you are raising pf with 25s [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he bet 360, he will follow that bet up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
villian checks

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops...

ML4L