Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 08:26 AM

Default What do you do when

I was at the taj yesterday playing 15/30, I had been sitting there for about 4 hours. There was an old chinese lady to my right, I was in the 2 seat. Button came around and it was my big blind....K/4. 1 limper small blind completes, I blank the ace high flop and fold. The next hand the dealer goes, big blind please. I told her no, button didn't move, I am small blind. Then, the guy in the 10 seat goes, No no no, buttons right. I then politely disagreed and explained that I would never play a k4 UTG. The thing that got me was that nobody at the table knew where the button would be. I wasn't fuming, but was upset that at the table, noone was paying attention to where the button should be. I am sure most of you guys, as do I, always no where the button is on every hand.

The floor was walking by and the dealer told the floor guy that she thought the button was right, and 3 people at the table agreed with her. He sided with the dealer. So I dropped it got up to smoke and waited for the BB to come back around.

I never cause problem in rooms and very rarely call the floor. Did I look like one of those miserable obnoxious assholes or were my actions justified
Old 09-23-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: What do you do when

How can your actions not be justified if what u say is true? Tough deal however, gl
Old 09-23-2005, 09:02 AM

well, the 15 game at the taj has treated me very well, and I know quite a lot of the people I play with, so I don't wanna tap the glass, but I never try to overreact to any situation because those people really bother me that do
Old 09-23-2005, 09:18 AM

playing K4 UTG is a long-term loser. tighten up preflop dude.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 AM

riiiiiiight