Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Did anyone watch the presidential address?

On the War on Terror????? WTF! I did. Undoubtedly this is the most worthless adress the President could make right now. Whats more, I am a conservative. (Granted, I didnt vote for Bush this time. Nor did i vote for Kerry in case anybody is wondering)

I can state without reservation that the War on Terror is not anywhere near the forefront of my Federal concerns at this moment. In case anyone hasnt noticed there is an impending catastrapophe that has the potential to eclipse the recent disaster, and...oh yeah...the Fed tanked major in responding to the previous one. I mean Bush acknowledged Rita by saying "Hurrican Rita is a big storm" and stating he had been in contact with the governer of Texas. Well thanks for the insight Dub. How about outlining the steps you are taking to rectify the travesty that was the evacuation and immediate releif of Katrina. Or something...anything but an update on the War on Terror. I am beginning to rant so I will try and wrap this up. I am not indifferent to the War on Terror. In fact, I am of the opinion that consideration should be given to scaling back our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan so we can get our troops back home and divert resources to rebuiliding our ravaged gulf coast. I also understand that the politically Dub is speaking about the war on terror to remove the some of the national spotlight away from Rita to avoid any panic. Eff the politics....we have a real problem already in Katrina and a potential for major compouding of our problems, on several fronts, with the approach of Rita. And damnit, you dont solve problems by ignoring them; I want some leadership here!