Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Call or fold?
Call 111 65.68%
Fold 58 34.32%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 AM

Default How much alcohol do you drink and is that a problem?

Since I'm wondering if I have an alcohol problem, I wanna hear what you guys think.

How much do you drink, and how much is too much?

One unit of alcohol = a beer, a shot of whisky/tequila/vodka/whatever, a glass of wine etc... Long drinks (if they contain enough alcohol) and heavy beers are two units.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: How much alcohol do you drink and is that a problem?

5-10 for me. How much is problematic depends on the person and the circumstances. I should probably drink less, but it is not at all problematic.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5-10 for me. How much is problematic depends on the person and the circumstances. I should probably drink less, but it is not at all problematic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see that the question was how much do you drink in a week? You really think 10 beers a week is too much???
Old 09-22-2005, 08:30 AM

I usually only drink on friday and sat but then i drink about 12 beers each night. I really only think drinking is a problem when u start thinking about drinking all the time and start putting drinking ahead of more important things. If u have time to kill each night i see no problem drinking 6+ beers as long as u can go to work the next morning
Old 09-22-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you see that the question was how much do you drink in a week? You really think 10 beers a week is too much???

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally drink one or two pretty much everyday after work, and a couple a day on weekends. I'm married w/ kids so I don't really go out and drink a lot at once too often. But I don't think drinking everyday is really a good thing. As I said, it's not particularly problematic or anything. I'm not saying i'm a lush or anything, but yeah, I could stand to drink a little less often.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 AM

An alcoholic is technically someone who once they take on sip of alcohol, cannot stop drinking until they are totally smashed or blacked out. In fact, my grandfather was an alcoholic and he would sometimes go several weeks without drinking.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
An alcoholic is technically someone who once they take on sip of alcohol, cannot stop drinking until they are totally smashed or blacked out. In fact, my grandfather was an alcoholic and he would sometimes go several weeks without drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. A lot of alcoholics are binge drinkers. I think there are different kinds of alcoholics though. Some are binge drinkers. Some drink constantly but never seem to get really shitfaced.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:48 AM

Yeah, I actually don't drink at all during the week. Then friday and saturday I usually drink until I can't remember my name (20+). I should probably stop.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. A lot of alcoholics are binge drinkers. I think there are different kinds of alcoholics though. Some are binge drinkers. Some drink constantly but never seem to get really shitfaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure i fall into the binge drinker type because i get smashed when i drink on the weekends.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I actually don't drink at all during the week. Then friday and saturday I usually drink until I can't remember my name (20+). I should probably stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope u dont drink 20+ of that nasty ass steel reserve. I use to drink that all the time when i was younger Hence the same steel. But then i started relizing it is one of the worst tasting beers i have ever had and its 10000 times worse once it starts to get warm.