Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 12:00 AM

Default poker too much luck?

anybody ever think that there's too much luck in poker for poker to be regarded with importance. I mean, if you pay attention to the TV shows, the players wait until there's a big confrontation, then both go all in with good hands, then luck decides, and the winner feels like he earned it. more and more do i think poker is really very stupid.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: poker too much luck?

Omg.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:19 AM

Poker is so stupid that you took time to come to a poker site, write a post on that website, and then expect others to read and reply to your post so you can see the responses about poker, which afterall is stupid. Yes, indeed it's stupid and not worth any of your time.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:55 AM

Almost as stupid as this thread.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:01 AM

The best players are the ones with the luckiest card protectors.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody ever think that there's too much luck in poker for poker to be regarded with importance. I mean, if you pay attention to the TV shows, the players wait until there's a big confrontation, then both go all in with good hands, then luck decides, and the winner feels like he earned it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's an edited version of the match. One cannot possibly know all the variables that led each of the players to make the decision they made. Perhaps one player made a raise with a marginal hand, another player is getting short-stacked, a little tilty, hasn't seen a hand in what seems like days, sees an Ace-ten and says, "f*#@ it, I might as well make a stand here" and the other guy calls because he priced himself in. We just don't know everything that happened up to that point, and we don't know what's going through their minds.
[ QUOTE ]
more and more do i think poker is really very stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what, tough guy, so are you for wasting your time and ours. I mean, if you really feel that way, why take the time and effort to insult us? I know you can't see me, because you're at a computer terminal, probably many miles away from me, but take my word for it, I have an ass here you can kiss.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody ever think that there's too much luck in poker for poker to be regarded with importance. I mean, if you pay attention to the TV shows, the players wait until there's a big confrontation, then both go all in with good hands, then luck decides, and the winner feels like he earned it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's an edited version of the match. One cannot possibly know all the variables that led each of the players to make the decision they made. Perhaps one player made a raise with a marginal hand, another player is getting short-stacked, a little tilty, hasn't seen a hand in what seems like days, sees an Ace-ten and says, "f*#@ it, I might as well make a stand here" and the other guy calls because he priced himself in. We just don't know everything that happened up to that point, and we don't know what's going through their minds.
[ QUOTE ]
more and more do i think poker is really very stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what, tough guy, so are you for wasting your time and ours. I mean, if you really feel that way, why take the time and effort to insult us? I know you can't see me, because you're at a computer terminal, probably many miles away from me, but take my word for it, I have an ass here you can kiss.

[/ QUOTE ]
why even respond at all? He's an idiot, leave it at that.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:35 AM

most sporting events come down to final plays... those plays are not sure things, there is luck to officials calls, to randomly dropping a crucial ball that you catch 90% of the time, to a golf ball that lands in a hole, to free throws that somehow roll in...

a game built on skill with a nice mix of luck thrown in makes things more interesting... too bad for you that you can't see much less appreciate the skill factor...
Old 09-20-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why even respond at all? He's an idiot, leave it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]
To be honest, two reasons.
1, I wanted to use the "I have an ass here you can kiss" line, it's one of my personal favorites, and many know me on UB because of that line.
2, I wanted to trick the OP into thinking he was wrong so that he'd play poker again and be easy money for those of us that take the game seriously.
DISCLAIMER: I sincerey apologize to any I have have offended, except the OP.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:27 AM

you're right, flipping coin's for millions of dollars. no skill involved at all, pure luck.